Connect TrueNAS through multiple network interfaces?

BitHappy

Cadet
So I've set up truenas connected to my router and can connect to it through the network and everything which is great, but the main computer I'm using it with has an unused 5Gb/s network port that I'd like to use for faster speeds if possible.

What I want to do is have the faster connection go directly from my truenas system to my desktop without going through the router which would bottleneck it, but I also want the router network still there so I can access it through different computers on my network and everything.

I got a 10Gb/s card for my truenas system and I set up different static IPs for each network card, but even if I connect to the IP that should be the faster card, it still sends everything through the router instead for some reason. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks so much for any help!

BitHappy

Cadet
Nevermind I think I just figured it out! My 5Gb lan port had an ip starting with 168 rather than the usual 192 so I just made the ip address of the 10gb nas card the same as the one on my desktop except with a different final number and it works great now!