compiling: os-base

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allen

Dabbler
I have add a line into the file(/nanobsd/os-base). The line is "add_port java/openjdk7". But when I compiling "FreeNAS-9.2.0-release", it also appear errors. So who has the same problem and solved the problem.

Allen

Dabbler
A picture I have modified on the webgui:
QQ图片20140328170542.jpg

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Uh.. you have 1GB of RAM! The minimum is 2GB with UFS and 8GB with ZFS. If you want to break these limits expect major unexplainable problems with FreeNAS including erratic WebGUI behavior, crashes, and possible data loss.

Allen

Dabbler
Uh.. you have 1GB of RAM! The minimum is 2GB with UFS and 8GB with ZFS. If you want to break these limits expect major unexplainable problems with FreeNAS including erratic WebGUI behavior, crashes, and possible data loss.

Thanks for your attention and reply, I just want to do some experiments and adding some open-source software, otherwise FreeNAS limitations is too big, function is too single, even inadequate family NAS, especially Java is such a popular tool, I hope FreeNAS will include JAVA in next version. Maybe you know how to do, could you tell me something and help me, thank you!

cyberjock

Inactive Account
If you want java the best bet is to install it in a jail. I'm running Java in a jail and it runs very well. I'd not expect java to ever be included in FreeNAS. FreeNAS' base OS is stripped down with only the bare essentials for a file server. Java doesn't fall within that category so I wouldn't expect it to be added anytime in the future. If you plan to run Java in a jail I'd definitely get more RAM than the minimum.

As for the RAM, those numbers I quoted are straight out of the manual. Even for experimenting it is well know that less than those minimums can cause the server to behave erratically.

Allen

Dabbler
Please post the error.

I seem to have solved the error by adding the ports not found to nanobsd/os-base, pic:
QQ图片20140401204828.jpg

But I got the other errors, pic:
QQ图片20140401204215.jpg QQ图片20140401204513.jpg

Could you help me solve the problem, thank you!!! I think it easy for you.

Allen

Dabbler
I have succeed. I have added java and tomcat. ;););) thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.