FreeNAS compiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allen

Dabbler
This days, I always compile FressNAS. Why I compile FreeNAS? Because I want to add some components. But how can I add this when I am compiling FreeNAS or before I compile FreeNAS, I do not konw. So could anybody help me solve the problem? And give me some guidance.
For explame, I want to add openjdk to FreeNAS, How can I?;);)

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You're going to have major problems adding anything.. there's only like 10MB of free space on the FreeNAS partitions...

Allen

Dabbler
You're going to have major problems adding anything.. there's only like 10MB of free space on the FreeNAS partitions...

Thank you! But I think you do not fully understand what I mean or my question. My question is that how can I add components into FreeNAS while I am compiling FreeNAS, like "nano" or "ee" which is always in the system when I installed FreeNAS after I compiled FreeNAS

cyberjock

Inactive Account
No, you aren't understanding what I'm saying...

The FreeNAS partitions have like 10MB of free space. That space is crucial for FreeNAS to function properly. That's one of many reasons why we tell people not to install additional programs. When it comes to the disk space used, whether you install it on an installed version of FreeNAS or add it when compiling it doesn't matter. Both are terribly bad ideas for reasons already explained all over the forums.

D

dlavigne

After doing the git clone to fetch src, edit nanobsd/os-base. Add an add_port line for each package you wish to include.

Allen

Dabbler
No, you aren't understanding what I'm saying...

The FreeNAS partitions have like 10MB of free space. That space is crucial for FreeNAS to function properly. That's one of many reasons why we tell people not to install additional programs. When it comes to the disk space used, whether you install it on an installed version of FreeNAS or add it when compiling it doesn't matter. Both are terribly bad ideas for reasons already explained all over the forums.

OK. So jails will be a good idea?

Allen

Dabbler
After doing the git clone to fetch src, edit nanobsd/os-base. Add an add_port line for each package you wish to include.

OK. I have cloned the resource. Now I am learning the "nanobsd/os-base", Thank you!

cyberjock

Inactive Account
OK. So jails will be a good idea?
Yes. That's why jails exist to begin with.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.