CMOS battery problem on C2750D4I

Status
Not open for further replies.

beton

Cadet
I'm having a CMOS battery problem on my Asrock C2750D4I motherboard that maybe someone has encountered. Few days ago my Freenas machine has frozen (kernel panic maybe?). I've thought that it may be related to an old usb stick that's used for os storage. However when I've tried to run the machine again it didn't POST. I've checked the IPMI page and I've noticed that the CMOS battery voltage is around 0.02V, (critical non-recoverable error). I've replaced the battery but the situation didn't improve. Took another battery from a working machine with no effect.

Did someone encounter similar problem with server-grade hardware?

I know that it's not strictly related to Freenas, but I know that few of us use this motherboard for Freenas purposes, so asking here may not be bad.

nojohnny101

Wizard
Have you searched on these forums for problems with the ASRock c2550/c2750 boards?

You're symptoms sound similar to premature board failure that many have been experiencing.

beton

Cadet
Have you searched on these forums for problems with the ASRock c2550/c2750 boards?

You're symptoms sound similar to premature board failure that many have been experiencing.
Thank you, I didn't know about these ones, was thinking that it's CMOS related problem. Guess I'll have to go through RMA...

Arwen

MVP
Once you do the RMA, either verify that you are running FreeNAS code with the watchdog fix. (I don't
know it's status, except that iXsystems IS working on a software fix.) Or that you disable the watchdog
using this;

https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...2x50-d4i-boards-by-disabling-the-watchdog.16/

I have that board, and the fix seems to work. (There is a test in the instructions to prove it.) Otherwise I
am quite happy with my iXsystems' FreeNAS Mini which contains the ASrock Rack C2750D4I system
board.

Status
Not open for further replies.