Cloud Sync use all my Class C transaction

Jacopx

Patron
Buonasera,
Some days ago I have set up my task to backup Uno of my dataset to a Backblaze B2 bucket. Everything goes fine... It's schedule for doing the SYNC every three days. Today (3th day) it have tried to sync but for some (bug?) it has used all my Daily Class C transaction. I need to submit this bug?

D

dlavigne

Please create a feature request at bugs.freenas.org asking for a field to control the frequency of polling, and post the issue number here.

ArcticRevrus

Cadet
Quick workaround for anybody else having this issue:

Run ps ax | grep rclone while the sync job is running to get the command the job is using.
Copy the config file referenced in the command to somewhere outside of /tmp
Create a cron job with the command updated with the new config location and the --fast-list option added.

Dreded

Explorer
thought id put this data here for a baseline.. ill edit it after I see how much adding --fast-list changes this(which will take a few days as I first want to see how doing the backup less often changes these numbers)

I also just changed my backup time to a more sensible twice daily during work hours... so this will reduce my daily to 10,673(assuming its a 1:1 correlation)(so my new one without adding --fast-list will be 10c a day instead of $1.1) so if that math all checks out I can handle $3 monthly... but $30 while not expensive for additional data backup was much higher than I expected)

I am storing 500GB(134,000 files) of data with a snapshot every hour my usage has been the past 27 days... so 256,156 per day.

List File Names
b2_list_file_names

also if you where wondering why I had a cloud backup firing so often its because I figured "why not its cheap"

emersiv

Cadet
when i run the command above, i get
3766 2 S+ 0:00.00 grep rclone

Im not a linux but where do i add --fast-list

I just noticed my class c charges are almost $200 alone. on B2.

FreeNAS-11.2-U3

Would have thought this would have been added already. any help?

emersiv

Cadet

Run ps ax | grep rclone while the sync job is running to get the command the job is using.
Create a cron job with the command updated with the new config location and the --fast-list option added.
how to you get the command to work for the cron job?. it does nothing at all. no errors no nothing but will not run.

balajie

Cadet

Greetings sir,

Can you be more specific on the instruction, being this thread is outdated, is this function is incorporated with the latest version, or do we still need this workaround on FreeNAS ?

if so, where do I need to put this command, also how can I create the corn job that can be triggered by the cloud sync backup job

Dreded

Explorer
This is outdated and no longer needed, the option is now in the GUI when creating a cloud sync task(near the bottom)