Clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcom

Contributor
Well I wanted to clarify a few things that cj posted here http://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/request-how-to-virtualbox-on-freenas-jail-by-xcom.20081/

This way I can help minimize the flow of PM.

#1: Yes the guide worked but only if you knew what you where getting in too :) It was not noob friendly.

#2: I did forget a few steps related to phpvirtualbox on my guide. This is where most people PM me about :)

#3: Yes there was a slight chance that things could go wrong. What was found is that my guide was actually kernel specific to freenas 9.2.1, If you would have try it on freenas 9.2 it wouldn't have worked due to the a mismatch on the modules I provided which are native too FreeNAS 9.2.1. Also I used bsd source instead of the freenas source and on FreeNAS 9.2 this will not work and probably cause issues with your src and lets not forget the patch which does not work with 9.2 ether... The dangerous work is done inside the jail so there was a very little possibilities that you would of broken your freenas, But let me stress that inserting wrong modules in to the kernel of freenas can be dangerous and could indeed cause a kernel panic. But to be specific on this case the module errors out. At any rate once you mount the / of freenas as rw you are asking for trouble if you dont know what you are doing :)

#4: Please don't PM me asking when is going to be release..... I don't know.... cj is running this new "how too".
I am just helping when I can with it to busy with work :( .

Hopefully the new guide comes out soon.

cya.

Status
Not open for further replies.