Not open for further replies.

borisattva

Dabbler
I'm running clean install
FreeNAS-8.2.0-BETA3-x64 (r11188)
HP N40L
8GB ram
2 2TB Seagate 5400 (ZFS Mirror)
1 1TB WD Caviar Green pulled from a WD NAS (ZFS None)

i followed this guide:
http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Windows_(CIFS)_Shares
as closely as possibly considering slight changes in screen shots, up to 7.3h

(i am not interested in authenticated access for the time being)

i am now able to map the drive, create folders & files, but i am Not able to rename or delete them.

in the same walk through, there is a paragraph on archival Write-Only access, which apparently should not be the default.
My experience leads me to think that its somehow is the default, despite this being a clean install and no additional configuration taken place.
i have tried to override this by putting the 0666 and 0777 values explicitly, to no avail.

the error message on windows box side, states something like "you need permission from N40L/guest ..." which leads me to believe that i'm not see as 'guest' user, but as 'everybody'.

is that because i set the authentication to anonymous as per the walk-through?
what is the correct procedure if i want LAN users to be able to read/write/execute/delete/rename content on this share?

in the forum i found a similar issue described here:
http://forums.freenas.org/showthread.php?6200-CIFS-anon-guest-permission-errors
i made a new thread since that one discusses a different FreeNAS version, and also experience a varying behavior between different files and folders on the same share.

borisattva

Dabbler
couple of tests and a visit to the IRC channel later, i was able to resolve this by changing the folder permissions with:

chmod -R 777 /mnt/[share]/

where would this step fall into the walk-through guide i used initially? (ie, is a step missing and needs to be added, or is there some bug where GUI step did not do this behind the scenes? i'll open the bug if necessary.

please advise.

klaas

Cadet
I've the same problem, your solution works, but I don't know if that is supposed to be like this

Status
Not open for further replies.