Changes To Collectd Config

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarryCarey

Cadet
Hey All,

Is there anyway to permanently save changes to the collectd config? Any changes seem to be overwritten with every machine restart and interface restart.

I send my server stats over to InfluxDB with the network collectd plugin. Bit of a pain to edit the config every time I reboot or make network changes.

joeschmuck

Old Man

BarryCarey

Cadet
Similar issue. Although I edit the same config they mention and it works until the networking or box is restarted. Then it's overwritten with the default Freenas config.

It would be nice to have a GUI option to enable extra collectd plugins. But I would settle for a way to edit the config without it being overwritten.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Unfortunately I don't think there is a current way to edit the file and have it survive a reboot. I can think outside the box and come up with a possible solution. Please remember that this is outside the box. Create a script which will run after a reboot to make the changes to your collectd.conf file. Activate the script via the CRON Init/Shutdown Scripts GUI section. This should be very easy to accomplish. Scripts are not too bad to write but you want to ensure that you write them to only alter the lines you need them to alter, meaning you could make this also survive a software upgrade if done properly.

So that is out of the box thinking for you.

BarryCarey

Cadet
Thanks for the info.

That's what I planned on doing if nobody was able to offer a better solution. It seemed too hackish so I wanted to check and see if anyone came up with a better solution first.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Don't think of it as hackish, think of it as Customized.

Status
Not open for further replies.