Change Server/Host Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaeW

Cadet
I'm feeling like a complete idiot right now. The only thing I want to do is change the server name that shows up on my Mac from the default "freenas" to something different.
I go into Global Configuration and change the hostname and click save. The GUI says everything is cool, but it will not change on the hostname. What am I doing wrong??

MichaeW

Cadet
Didn't work.. This is what I want to change the name of. I know it's something silly and small but I can't figure it out for the life of me. I tried changing it from the AFP settings but the server disconnected? Screen Shot 2012-09-17 at 3.47.02 PM.png

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Didn't work.. This is what I want to change the name of. I know it's something silly and small but I can't figure it out for the life of me. I tried changing it from the AFP settings but the server disconnected? View attachment 1210

Well, yeah, of course it disconnected, it had to restart the service. You wouldn't want a fileserver to suddenly change out its name while it was running. Could lead to all sorts of badness. Change it under AFP and then restart your clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.