change permission on ZFS Dataset

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgrzegorz

Cadet
hello all,

i have upgraded my system from 8.2.0-p1-release to 8.3.0-RELEASE-x64
the upgrade went fine.
then i created new dataset, but i am not able to set up the permission for group to write with type of ACL: Windows.
when i select Group to have write permission, check the box Set permission recursively and click the change button.
the write box for the group gets un-check.
if i chose the type of ACL to be Unix and the check the set permission recursively and click the change button the box write for group stays checked.

if this question come up somwhere else please pint me to it. i tried to search the forum, bot nothing come up.

Thank you,
Greg

LKCHR

Cadet
I have the same problem. I appeared suddenly, after I deleated a dataset and created a new one. But it affects all my datasets. So right now my freenas server is pretty useless, since I cant copy any files to it!! :(

Yell

Explorer
Hmm ... sounds like zfs 's acl inherit

A file system that has the aclinherit property set to passthrough inherits all inheritable ACL entries without any modifications made to the ACL entries when they are inherited. When this property is set to passthrough, files are created with a permissions that are determined by the inheritable ACEs. If no inheritable ACEs exist that affect the permissions, then the permissions are set in accordance to the requested permissions from the application.

you may want to read http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19253-01/819-5461/gbchf/index.html

mrgrzegorz

Cadet
ACL on dataset

hello all,

i have upgraded my system from 8.2.0-p1-release to 8.3.0-RELEASE-x64
the upgrade went fine.
then i created new dataset, but i am not able to set up the permission for group to write with type of ACL: Windows.
when i select Group to have write permission, check the box Set permission recursively and click the change button.
the write box for the group gets un-check.
if i chose the type of ACL to be Unix and the check the set permission recursively and click the change button the box write for group stays checked.

if this question come up somwhere else please pint me to it. i tried to search the forum, bot nothing come up.

Thank you,
Greg

Just to help somebody,
i used tool: setACL.exe from http://helgeklein.com/ to apply permission to my datasets. I re-read the documentation and it says there to apply permission to the folder and files from tools specific to the OS you accessing those shares, in my case windows host.

Status
Not open for further replies.