Certificate 'freenas_default' has expired.

Q2Dawn

Cadet
How's it going everyone! New to the forum. On my second build and got a critical error alert
"Certificate 'freenas_default' has expired."
no luck on search or google. Please let me know how/what to do about this, or if it is even anything to worry about

Thank you,
Nate

Build specs

Intel M/B dq67ep
core i3-2100
8 gigs ram
two 1 tb hdd's (mirrored)
11.3u5

Stock build with no plugins or anything, just a home NAS for the family media

I found a couple threads about old certs being duped or something, didn't really understand what that meant and the links to the topic were not working.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
I wonder if your time was way off when the certificates were generated.

Q2Dawn

Cadet
Same here, ever find an answer?

rd
Hi RdJustRd, I never actually found an answer but through trial and error i am up and running with a good cert.
I'll tell you what i learned...my previous build was 11.3u2 running great, shut down to move system to a new location in the house and when i plugged back in and tried to power up, both my (mirrored usb) boot devices failed at the same time. Weird! Re-installed 11.3u2, imported my pool and reconfigured my system. Learned the hard way because I did not save my configuration, so had to start from scratch. Anyway, after i was all setup, i updated to 11.3u5 and thats when i noticed the "expired cert". Tried reinstalling and re configuring a couple more times with the same result. Finally i just downloaded the latest version 11.3u5, reinstalled that, re configured, imported my pool and Bingo! All Good! Hope this helps. I am happy to help with anything i can.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
I would suggest it might be worth putting in a bug report and suggesting that the system not generate certificates or generate certificates with long expiry if the time is clearly off (a simple test is simply "year < 2021", which someone will doubtlessly and foolishly try to argue with me about).

KarolKo

Cadet
Same problem here. The certificate just expired and I did not find a way, until now, to regenerate it.
If there is no way to regenerate, why creating that certificate in the first place?

pnunn

Dabbler
Same problem here. The certificate just expired and I did not find a way, until now, to regenerate it.
If there is no way to regenerate, why creating that certificate in the first place?
Did you find an answer to this @KarolKo ? I've just had the same thing happen on one of my systems.

DeaDSouL

Dabbler
Same thing here... mine is going to expire today!!

Did anyone find a solution for this?