Can't upgrade from 8.0-Release-amd64

Status
Not open for further replies.

TravisT

Patron
Every time I try to upgrade to 8.0.1beta2, I get "undefined" displayed in the upgrade firmware frame.

I downloaded and selected the beta2 file to my local computer. After selecting that file in the upgrade firmware screen, I pasted the hash into the box and hit upgrade. The browser shows "uploading (0%) for a few seconds and then the frame goes blank and it displays "undefined" in the top left corner of the frame.

Am I doing something wrong?

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
the GUI upgrade does not work for some people, its an intermittent problem we werent able to track down yet..

try using CLI command:
xz -cd /path/to/img.xz | sh /root/update && touch /data/need-update && reboot

Also, what browser/OS are you running? ty

TravisT

Patron
I tried google chrome on windows 7 x86, IE 8 on Server 2k3 and 2k8 and firefox on ubuntu 10.04. All had very similar outcomes, some just froze on the please wait screen, and some gave the undefined error. I ended up doing the iso upgrade. Now two of the three disks are labeled gptid/ followed by a string of characters. The third disk is labeled da2p2, which is how they were all labeled prior to the upgrade. Can this be changed back, and does it have any effect on anything else?

Another strange thing I noticed was my disks are now labeled differently under my zpool status output.

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
I tried google chrome on windows 7 x86, IE 8 on Server 2k3 and 2k8 and firefox on ubuntu 10.04. All had very similar outcomes, some just froze on the please wait screen, and some gave the undefined error. I ended up doing the iso upgrade. Now two of the three disks are labeled gptid/ followed by a string of characters. The third disk is labeled da2p2, which is how they were all labeled prior to the upgrade. Can this be changed back, and does it have any effect on anything else?

Another strange thing I noticed was my disks are now labeled differently under my zpool status output.

No, this cannot be changed back, this is the expected behavior

binarypower

Dabbler
Also having the same issue. I did this command and got this output:

freenas# xz -cd /mnt/Storage/FreeNAS-8.0.1-BETA3-amd64-Full_Install.xz | sh /root/update && touch /data/need-update && reboot
dd: /dev/ada4s2: short write on character device
dd: /dev/ada4s2: end of device
953600+0 records in
3724+1 records out
488194560 bytes transferred in 17.453870 secs (27970563 bytes/sec)
freenas#

It never rebooted though. Is this the correct message it should receive?

binarypower

Dabbler
Oops, ignore. I was using a full install rather than an update. I used the Beta 2 update with this and it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.