Upgrade from 8.0-RELEASE-amd64 to 8.0.2-RELEASE-amd64

Status
Not open for further replies.

yonkoc

Explorer
Hello,

how can I upgrade from 8.0 release to 8.0.2 release? I read in the download section that:
The GUI upgrade can be used to upgrade a system from BETA3,
BETA4, or RC1 but upgrades from earlier releases can only be done from the CD.
The other option is to save the config, reinstall the new version, then
restore the config.

How do I proceed from here on? Please list steps. Thank you very much in advance.

survive

Behold the Wumpus
Hi yonkoc,

First, be sure you have a USB key that's bigger than 2GB. The FreeNAS images siaze doubled to 2 GB. Since the whole install is being overwritten (not just the second partition) you need to boot from cd to do the upgrade.

So just download the .iso for 8.0.2 & boot it. It will give you the option to upgrade. Be sure to save a copy of your config just to be safe.

It might be worthwhile to go out & get a new 4GB key and do a fresh install to that and then upload your config so you:

1) have way back if there are any problem
2) you don't have any problem due to a key that's just a tiny bit to small.

-Will

yonkoc

Explorer
Hi yonkoc,

First, be sure you have a USB key that's bigger than 2GB. The FreeNAS images siaze doubled to 2 GB. Since the whole install is being overwritten (not just the second partition) you need to boot from cd to do the upgrade.

So just download the .iso for 8.0.2 & boot it. It will give you the option to upgrade. Be sure to save a copy of your config just to be safe.

It might be worthwhile to go out & get a new 4GB key and do a fresh install to that and then upload your config so you:

1) have way back if there are any problem
2) you don't have any problem due to a key that's just a tiny bit to small.

-Will

Thank you for the very quick reply. Install is on a 4GB USB key, I anticipated the upgrade so I installed on 4GB originally. I will follow your steps. Have already made a backup of the config.

yonkoc

Explorer
Thank you very much survive, it all worked like a bliss. Backed up config, installed on 8GB flash (sorry, turned out it was a 2GB so I bought an 8gb), rebooted after install on flash, removed CD, it rebooted again (all on its own) I presume after the discovery of all, then I went to web interface and loaded config and all came back up. No issues so far. Thanks again.

On a side note, my home server runs on 7.xx Sabanda (will check exact revision and edit post). How do I get it to 8.0.2? Same procedure followed by automatic volume import or something different?

yonkoc

Explorer
Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately NinjaTrader5 is no longer supported to receive upgrades to new TWS versions. You will need to either stay with your current version of TWS or, upgrade to either NinjaTrader 6 or 6.5.

If you do upgrade to NinjaTrader 6 or 6.5 your settings will not transfer.

Mispost?!!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.