Can't update the system

Letigid

Cadet
Hello, in new TrueNAS system.

So, i have tried to update the system but it doesn't exist the update buttom.
1648727705180.png

Only existe the option for update manually, and it doesn't let me update too. Why? because it says this error:

Code:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/freenasOS/Update.py", line 1258, in ExtractFrozenUpdate
    with tarfile.open(tarball) as tf:
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/tarfile.py", line 1616, in open
    raise ReadError("file could not be opened successfully")
tarfile.ReadError: file could not be opened successfully

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 367, in run
    await self.future
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 403, in __run_body
    rv = await self.method(*([self] + args))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 975, in nf
    return await f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/update.py", line 389, in file
    await self.middleware.call('update.install_manual_impl', job, destfile, dest_extracted)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1256, in call
    return await self._call(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1224, in _call
    return await self.run_in_executor(prepared_call.executor, methodobj, *prepared_call.args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1128, in run_in_executor
    return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 52, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/update_/install_freebsd.py", line 56, in install_manual_impl
    Update.ExtractFrozenUpdate(path, dest_extracted, verbose=True)
  File "/usr/local/lib/freenasOS/Update.py", line 1278, in ExtractFrozenUpdate
    raise Exceptions.UpdateBadFrozenFile("Bad tar file {0}".format(tarball))
NameError: name 'Exceptions' is not defined

thank you.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
save your config

download the ISO of the version you want, put it on some kind of boot media and boot to it, then install over the top of your current install.

If it picks up the current install, you may just be fine with no further action, otherwise, restore your config at the end.

Letigid

Cadet
save your config

download the ISO of the version you want, put it on some kind of boot media and boot to it, then install over the top of your current install.

If it picks up the current install, you may just be fine with no further action, otherwise, restore your config at the end.
Ty i gonna try it.

but why i doenst still having the buttons that are not on the update panel, it could be a bad installation in first?

sretalla