Can't update SickRage plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeStar

Patron
Using FreeNAS 9.3

Trying to update SickRage plugin 9.3.1 by clicking the UPDATE button in the GUI.

I tried rebooting the box, but every time the update fails and I get theses console message es:
Code:
Aug  4 23:02:18 FreeNAS kernel: arp: 10.0.1.100 moved from 02:47:3f:00:0a:0a to bc:ee:7b:74:e9:a5 on epair3b
Aug  4 23:03:30 FreeNAS manage.py: [common.pipesubr:70] Popen()ing: /sbin/umount -f '/mnt/Jails/sickrage_1/media/Series'
Aug  4 23:03:30 FreeNAS manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: umount: /mnt/Jails/sickrage_1/media/Series: not a file system root directory

Any idea what's up with that?

BlazeStar

Patron
Nope... tried deleting the storage, rebooting the server and a few other things but I could never perform the update and now the plug-in will not start anymore :(

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Nope... tried deleting the storage, rebooting the server and a few other things but I could never perform the update and now the plug-in will not start anymore :(
hmm, the storage sounds like some leftover thing you mounted in the past that no longer exist. can you delete this mountpoint from the Jails > Storage tab?

as for the plugin not starting, please post the output of "service sickrage onestart' run in the sickrage jail.

BlazeStar

Patron
hmm, the storage sounds like some leftover thing you mounted in the past that no longer exist. can you delete this mountpoint from the Jails > Storage tab?

as for the plugin not starting, please post the output of "service sickrage onestart' run in the sickrage jail.

I have deleted all storage related to SickRage and restarted FreeNAS completely.

Code:
root@sickrage_1:/ # service sickrage onestart
Starting sickrage.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/SickBeard.py", line 90, in <module>
import sickbeard
File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/__init__.py", line 37, in <module>
from sickbeard import providers, metadata, config, webserveInit
File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/providers/__init__.py", line 54, in <module>
import generic
File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/providers/generic.py", line 32, in <module>
from sickbeard import helpers, classes, logger, db
File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/helpers.py", line 60, in <module>
from sickbeard.subtitles import isValidLanguage
File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/subtitles.py", line 25, in <module>
from sickbeard import helpers
ImportError: cannot import name helpers
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/sickrage: WARNING: failed to start sickrage

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I have deleted all storage related to SickRage and restarted FreeNAS completely.

Code:
root@sickrage_1:/ # service sickrage onestart
Starting sickrage.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/SickBeard.py", line 90, in <module>
import sickbeard
File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/__init__.py", line 37, in <module>
from sickbeard import providers, metadata, config, webserveInit
File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/providers/__init__.py", line 54, in <module>
import generic
File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/providers/generic.py", line 32, in <module>
from sickbeard import helpers, classes, logger, db
File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/helpers.py", line 60, in <module>
from sickbeard.subtitles import isValidLanguage
File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/subtitles.py", line 25, in <module>
from sickbeard import helpers
ImportError: cannot import name helpers
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/sickrage: WARNING: failed to start sickrage
That looks like possibly a bad update from SickRage wich left it's source in a non-working state. This will redownload the source fresh.
Code:
rm -r /usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage
fetch --no-verify-peer "https://github.com/SiCKRAGETV/SickRage/archive/master.tar.gz"
tar -zxf master.tar.gz
mv SickRage-master /usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage
chown -R media:media /usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage
rm master.tar.gz

Reactions: Maq

BlazeStar

Patron
Just to make sure, before I do that: am I going to be able to keep my config and database?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Just to make sure, before I do that: am I going to be able to keep my config and database?
yeah, those are all stored in /var/db/sickrage

BlazeStar

Patron
That looks like possibly a bad update from SickRage wich left it's source in a non-working state. This will redownload the source fresh.
Code:
fetch --no-verify-peer "https://github.com/SiCKRAGETV/SickRage/archive/master.tar.gz"
tar -zxf master.tar.gz
mv SickRage-master /usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage
rm master.tar.gz

Hi!

I did all that and I could start SickRage again, thanks a lot!

However, i still can't update it :(

From the GUI, when I click update, it appears to be working but then it still shows up the same version.

This appears in the console but doesn't seem relevant
Code:
Aug 17 00:48:20 FreeNAS kernel: arp: 10.0.1.100 moved from 02:40:79:00:0b:0a to bc:ee:7b:74:e9:a5 on epair4b
Aug 17 00:48:20 FreeNAS kernel: arp: 10.0.1.100 moved from 02:0b:e8:00:0a:0a to bc:ee:7b:74:e9:a5 on epair3b
Aug 17 00:48:20 FreeNAS kernel: arp: 10.0.1.100 moved from 02:90:e8:00:08:0a to bc:ee:7b:74:e9:a5 on epair1b

Than I can start it from the GUI and it appears to work fine, but I'd still like to be able to update it!

Same goes for CouchPotato, I can't update it either :(

Last edited:

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I don't think those messages are related. Do updates still not work? Those commands should have got you to the latest version at the time, so that might be the reason for no change in version.

Can you confirm you can still do the following. If so I'd post your sickrage log from /var/db/sickrage to the sickrage forum for more specific help.
Code:

Same goes for couchpotato. Double check you can connect to github, if so post your logs to the couchpotato forums.

BlazeStar

Patron
So let's take SickRage.

Within SickRage, I can update without any problem.

I had this error a few times:
CHECKVERSION :: We can't proceed with the update. Unable to check remote DB version

And at the same time, there was this message:
Code:
There is a newer version available (you're 2 commits behind)— Update Now

I did clicked update now and it worked.

So SickRage is up to date.

When I got back to FreeNAS, in the Plugins tab, it will still show the Update button:
http://cl.ly/image/3X15133U3y01

If I click it, it will download the file, and it will look like it's installing it.

After a while, the window shuts down, but the version has not changed, and the Update button is still there.

So I think it has something to do with FreeNAS rather than SickRage itself.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
So let's take SickRage.

Within SickRage, I can update without any problem.

I had this error a few times:

And at the same time, there was this message:
Code:
There is a newer version available (you're 2 commits behind)— Update Now

I did clicked update now and it worked.

So SickRage is up to date.

When I got back to FreeNAS, in the Plugins tab, it will still show the Update button:
http://cl.ly/image/3X15133U3y01

If I click it, it will download the file, and it will look like it's installing it.

After a while, the window shuts down, but the version has not changed, and the Update button is still there.

So I think it has something to do with FreeNAS rather than SickRage itself.
Ahh, the update button in the Plugins > Installed tab, for SickRage, updates stuff related to the packaging of the plugin. This is for stuff like added optional dependencies or updated openssl versions.

SickRage is one of the plugins that can update its own source code, so if it's working as you want it, there is no need to run the updates on the Plugins > Installed tab.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Yes that's what I meant, sorry for being such a n00b ;)

So yes SickRage is up to date.

But what about the :

??

I would like to be able to update that too!
No problem, there's no manual docs on the specifics of the plugins so you can't blame anyone for being new to it.

Since the update button doesn't seem to work for you here are some suggestions.
  • I have seen a bug where people can't update when they have storage mounted to their jail, you could try...
    • stop sickrage, unmount storage from jail, try update, mount storage, start sickrage
  • Backup your /var/db/sickrage folder. Install a new instance of sickrage and restore this folder. make sure it is owned by the 'media' user, UID 816.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
There was some drama with Sickrage naming. These steps get you on the more commonly used fork of sickrage (now named sickchill).
There is also another fork Medusa people may want to check out.

Code:
service sickrage onestop
fetch --no-verify-peer "https://github.com/SickChill/SickChill/archive/master.tar.gz"
tar -zxf master.tar.gz
mv SickChill-master /usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage
rm master.tar.gz
service sickrage start

Status
Not open for further replies.