Can't stop service in Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwhite78

Dabbler
I used this guide from the resources to build my plex install inside a jail. I am attempting to migrate my view state data from my previous install to this install using this methodology. I'm very new to Freenas, and while I'm not sure, I feel like the reason it's not working is because the Plex service in the jail is not shutting down prior to me attempting to modify the database. I issue this command

Code:
service -v plexmediaserver stop

returns the following error

Code:
plexmediaserver is located in /usr/local/etc/rc.d							   
plexmediaserver not running? (check /var/run/plex/plex.pid).

The service is obviously running as I can login to the web interface. I've tried several different service commands and can't get the service started, anyone have any ideas?

m0nkey_

MVP
Did you check the PID file as the service command states? Compare the number in the PID file with the process list in your jail.

dwhite78

Dabbler
I didn't find a good detail on HOW to do that. I am a complete newb. I did spend some time learning console commands as per the recommended guide in the resources, but I'm still unfamiliar with a lot.

How would I find that number? Just use
Code:
ee
to look at the file and find the number? And then what do I do with that information?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
What doe the command service plexmediaserver onestopreturn?

A simple solution would be to just go into the FreeNAS jail UI and stop the jail. The data will still be accessible so it should not be a problem to transfer the data from one jail to another and Plex will not be running.

Artion

Patron
You can also check for the running services first to see what services are actually running. Also the command service must be run within the jail, by using jls to find the pid of the jail and then jexec pid of the jail, and not on the FN shell.

Inviato dal mio YD201 utilizzando Tapatalk

dwhite78

Dabbler
Thanks for all the help everyone. I was able to stop the service. The method I was trying to move view state to this new jail didn't work, but I was able to stop the service.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.