Can't start my jails (transmission, sabnzbd, sickbeard)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalle5

Cadet
Hi

I'm really hoping that you guys might know the trick to get this started. I have tried to start setup my freenas for a week, every night until my eyes couldn't stay open no more.

Today, I had a breakthrough though, I got my transmission to work. Then I installed sabnzbd and sickbeard. Those two I could start, so I figured that I might had to reboot the server, and so I did. Only to find out that now I couldn't start any of them, not even my transmission plugin.

In the console I see the following error (for every plugin)
sabnzbd_1 cron [29678]: secure_path: /etc/login.conf is world writable
sabnzbd_1 cron [29678]: login_getclass: unknown class 'deamon'

My system is running 9.2.0
ESX host
2 GB RAM
4 TB HD

I have searched google dry, and have tried every possibility out there (except the correct one) :smile:
I'm a noob in freeBSD, I have always used ubuntu server for my projects.

Please help, I'm so close to giving up on this fantastic software:-(

tio

Contributor
Are you using UFS or ZFS?

dalle5

Cadet
Im using ZFS

At the moment I only have 1 dataset which I use for this.
Permissions set to 777
user nobody
group nobody

tio

Contributor
Up the RAM and see if the issue goes away, this is ZFS and with that amount I'm confident its hitting a wall

dalle5

Cadet
Thanks allot for your respons.
I tried to up the RAM with no luck.

I have now installed a new ubuntu server in my virtual environment, enabled NFS sharing on FreeNas and created a script on ubuntu which auto mounts the NFS shares when the server boots up.
Installed SABNZBD, Sickbeard and couchpotato on this server which downloads to FreeNas.

It works like a charm! I can only recommend anyone with an ESXi server who are having the same issues as I had.

Status
Not open for further replies.