Can't see media from inside Plex Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wortzinator

Cadet
I'm new to FreeNAS and wanted to start my own PLEX server. I had a small one on an Ubuntu server before building my FN machine.

I have installed the Plex plugin. Mounted my storage in my Jail (Source: /mnt/Storage/Media Destination: /var/db/plexdata/Plex Media Server/Media). I have around 100GiB of movies in /mnt/Storage/Media/Movies. When I try and add a library in Plex, I can see the folders labeled Movies, TV, ect. but there are no files inside those folders.

I have gone into my smb share folder, on my windows machine, and changed the permissions for everyone to full control on all of the folders and still no change. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

garm

Wizard
It’s due to permissions and it’s a common question. Search the forum or look up the FreeBSD documentation on how to manage users, groups and services.

Basically you need to set permissions in FreeNAS to users/groups that also exist in the Jail with the same uid/gid.

Wortzinator

Cadet
Thank you for the advice. I knew it had to be something simple. I found THIS article that helped a lot. Ultimately the solution for me was that I had my media set in a sub-dataset of the Media dataset that I was trying to access instead of a folder inside of the Media dataset. Once I moved my media into a folder within my Media dataset and pointed Plex to that, all of my movies and such showed up. As a newbie, I did't realize there was a difference between a dataset and a folder system. The more you know I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.