Can't see FC target without FreeNAS reboot after re-zoning

Status
Not open for further replies.

llaubacher

Cadet
Hi.

I am running freeNAS 11.1.RC-1 on 8x Xeon E5450 w/ 56G RAM and QLogic 2462 FC card.
There is ZVOL presented via iSCSI.

There are couple of blade servers w/ FC connected to FC switch which I'd like to get connected via FC LUN to the FreeNAS.

I was testing the whole setup on one of the blades only at first and zoned the FC switch to allow 'visibility' just for this 1 blade towards the FreeNAS box WWNs. After some playing & testing I was able to mount the volume from ESX (running on the said blade server) off FreeNAS. Ie the testing was successful, so I changed the zoning on FC switch to allow more blade servers to see the FreeNAS.

Unfortunately, I was not able to make it work (ie ESX could not see the LUNs after enabling them on the switch) until I have rebooted the FreeNAS box. Then/after reboot - ESXs started to see the FreeNAS's FC LUNs.

I guess I am missing something simple. Is there a command (like rescan type) on FreeNAS which would allow me to do the same without rebooting the FreeNAS? Or do I have to reboot it every time I add a new blade server zoning on the FC switch ?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dlavigne

A reboot shouldn't be required. Can you increases logging by creating the loader tunable: hint.isp.0.debug=0x110f?

Status
Not open for further replies.