FC no longer working after update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racinrandall

Cadet

mav@

iXsystems
iXsystems
Unfortunately, FC going to become "native" only in TrueNAS. In FreeNAS it should "just work". Could you please describe what exactly is not working? Do you get any log messages about FC?

Racinrandall

Cadet
I'm not exactly sure why it didn't work. ESX no longer saw the FC target that had a VMFS filestore on it. I set the tunables and init tasks as mentioned in the above post:
I changed to FreeNAS-9.3-Nightlies and updated the system. After the reboot, ESX could see the FC target again. Not sure if something was hung up or some update in the nightlies fixed it.

Attachments

• tunables.GIF
    tunables.GIF
    9.2 KB · Views: 237
  • init.GIF
    init.GIF
    6.3 KB · Views: 240

mav@

iXsystems
iXsystems
Nightlies now indeed have a lot of changed for SCSI target not yet present in stable branch, but that in no way explains problem on stable.

Racinrandall

Cadet
Just to verify I did roll back to the stable branch and my ESX host can now can see the FC target. No idea why it couldn't before.
It is direct attached to the ESX host. No need yet to put in the FC switch that is waiting in the corner.

d0kt0r

Cadet
Maybe it is all obvious, but, did you configure again all the tunables to make the FC work?

For me sounds like the configuration was lost ... Re-doing again the configuration (or even delete them to re-write again) sounds the first thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.