Can't open large files (movies) from my CIFS share

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there,

It's my 1st post here, i'm a new Freenas user but I'v read a lot before, including the manual and the 1st 10 pages of this sub-forum before asking.

Yesterday, I've installed my Freenas. It's a home setup to store all my data and I'm the only one using it. All my clients are Windows, mostly W8 Pro, some still in W7 Ultimate. Here is the Freenas setup so far :

Pentium G840 (Sandy Bridge dual core 2.8 GHz)
16 GB RAM
9x 2 TB drives in Raidz (6* Samsung + 2* Western + 1* Hitachi)
Asrock Z68 mobo with 2* Realtek NICs (1 used for the moment)
Freenas 9.1 BETA

After I discovered MS removed NFS browsing from W8 Pro, I created a CIFS share. I'm not very happy with the speeds right now, but as I can copy files from my PC to the Freenas at 65 MB/s (CIFS) and 80 MB/s (FTP), I suppose I've no major pb. I'll do some fine tuning later with some CIFS and Tunable settings I've read on the forum after I solve this pb :

I copied some TV series on my Freenas. I can browse (from Windows) all directories with no pb, it's quick. But when I try to open any file, the small ones (.nfo for exemple) do work but not my video files (the player opens and it stuck there for a while). The pb is the same from my main gear (W8 Pro, GBe Ethernet) and from my laptop (W8 Pro, WiFi). I've tested with FTP, I can download the files, no problem here.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot,

Thomas

PS : this computer were already my server with Windows. Even I had no RaidZ, I used to copy and read from it at 100+ MB/s !

Hello again.

Well, after many tweaks I came back to default and my pb was still present... until I just rebooted the Freenas! Now I can read my files with no pb, opening a 3 Gb TV episode is instant on my Windows client.

See you,

Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.