Cant install plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

r6xual

Cadet
Hello all,

Ive done some research (admittedly, i am very new to freeNAS) but i am unable to install plugins after a fresh install and update.

FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201502232343

VBkV9sO.png

Does anyone have any ideas that can point me in the right direction?

Thanks

r6xual

Cadet
ok good to know. i appreciate the info. Excuse my ignorance, but I assume that i simply need to continue checking for updates?

Bidule0hm

Server Electronics Sorcerer
Yes, just wait for the next update ;)

Ziferius

Dabbler
I must say I was scratching my head. Plugins won't work...... can't get into jails -- the shell icon to get shell access to the jail doesn't work either. I've gotten several trace backs -- but after selecting the option again a minute later, no trace back. Hmm..

r6xual

Cadet
EDIT - Disregard. Plugins still not working. I thought it was kind of weird that it started working out of the blue.

Just wanted to check back in, but this appears to be resolved, at least for me. Plugins are now installing and I can view Jails.

Thanks!

Last edited:

r6xual

Cadet
Maybe spoke to soon. After installing the plugin, they do not show up in installed plugins.

Ziferius

Dabbler
Yeah; I would install the crashplan plugin -- and it would sometimes do the above and then, when the plugin would be creating the jail, I would have an error.
I'm actually going to experiment with actually installing an OLDER release of 9.3.... importing my pool and try this.

I've no experience with FreeBSD but creating a jail and putting services in there.... seems mighty awesome to me right now.

I don't think I can wait. (I'm using 300GB of 15 TB raidz2 w/ spare across 7 drives.... )

Ziferius

Dabbler
Sure, new USB flash..... install again.... import your pool and config. I do not see what's hard about that.

mrredskin

Dabbler
yeah this 9.3 build is just giving me too many issues. think i'm going to try 9.2.

is it as simple as just using a new usb if i don't care about any of my previous settings (nothing on it, anyway)?

Ziferius

Dabbler
The share info shouldn't be with the pool, but your freenas config. I'm just talking about reverting to an earlier release of 9.3 -- I doubt iX would release 9.3 with issues like this. So I doubt there'd be much difference in the config going back several updates.

Ziferius

Dabbler
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/plex-plugin-in-9-3-wont-install.26740/page-2

Especially the post by Bhavin578, mentions in the log:
[MiddlewareError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'/mnt/tank/jails/plexmediaserver_1/.plugins/PLUGIN']

I was frustrated because the crashplan plugin wouldn't work.
I did not go back releases, all I did was remove my jails .... rebooted. (The jails I had added, were not working jails)
Re-tried the install and it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.