Plugins Not Working and I have no Idea Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

kranzel

Explorer
Hello,

My new server build saga continues. After finally getting Corral working, it was effectively canceled. So, off to 9.10.2 U3.

I have 9.10.2 U3 installed, and everything looks good.

Now, I go to plugins and install a few, SabNZB, SickRage, and Plex. After the pulgins are installed, I go to the “Installed” tab under plugins, and it takes upwards of three minutes to load. Once it loads, all Plugins show as “Off”. If I try to enable any of them, they fail.

If I go to the jails, stop all three jails, then go back to Plugins -> Installed, it loads almost immediately. The plugins are of course are off at this point.

I have confirmed my network settings etc. After playing around for a while, I figured it was a new install maybe it is corrupt. So, I reinstall FreeNAS using the “Format” option to ensure a clean install is done.

FreeNas boots up, I configure new users, storage is visible, etc. Add a plugin, and bam, it happens again?

I am at a total loss here.

Anyone have any ideas?

System Specs:
MB: SuperMicro MBD-X11SSL-F
CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 v5 SkyLake
RAM: 32GB Kingston Value 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM ECC Registered DDR4 2400

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
usually this happens when the freenas webui can't connect to the plugins middleware.
as you mentioned checking networking, did you do this for your jails as well? from your jaiks you should be able to ping other hosts on your network. on my personally system with multiple betwork interfaces, VIMAGE doesnt work reliably, so to get the plugins middleware working i always need to disabke VIMAGE for every jail (which is created when you install a plugin) and assing a network interface to that jail.

kranzel

Explorer
and assing a network interface to that jail

I only have one of the two on board nic's connected, however, your solution sounds reasonable.

Is the process of assigning a specific NIC to a jail in the guide? Or can you tell me how to it?

Thanks.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I'm not sure. The option is available after you disable VIMAGE, in the settings for a particular jail, in the Jails tab.

kranzel

Explorer
@Joshua Parker Ruehlig Sir, you are the man. That did the trick. Turning off VIIMAGE and selecting my NIC directly fixed the problem.

Thank you very much for your time and effort.

chrisada

Explorer
I am on 9.10.2-U3 and all my plugins are OFF and can't be turned on. I updated to U3 a while ago and this behavior just started last night. The plugins include Sonarr, Sabnzbd, etc. I have Plexpass running in a custom jail, and cannot connect to that via the browser as well.

I tried turning off VIMAGE on all the jails, but the problem is still there. When I try to ping from within these jails, I just got "Socket: operation not permitted"

From my Windows laptop, I can ping these jails without problem

Code:
Pinging 192.168.100.23 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.100.23: bytes=32 time=271ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.100.23: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.100.23: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=64

Anybody got any idea?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I am on 9.10.2-U3 and all my plugins are OFF and can't be turned on. I updated to U3 a while ago and this behavior just started last night. The plugins include Sonarr, Sabnzbd, etc. I have Plexpass running in a custom jail, and cannot connect to that via the browser as well.

I tried turning off VIMAGE on all the jails, but the problem is still there. When I try to ping from within these jails, I just got "Socket: operation not permitted"

From my Windows laptop, I can ping these jails without problem

Code:
Pinging 192.168.100.23 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.100.23: bytes=32 time=271ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.100.23: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=64

Anybody got any idea?
pinging the jails IPs from another host on the network doesn't actually prove the jail's networking is working. The FreeNAS host will bind to and replay from this IP.

When you disabled VIMAGE did you also assign a network interface to your jails?
"Socket: operation not permitted" - should not happen as by default the jails should have permission to ping. I'm not sure what is funky with your configuration

chrisada

Explorer
pinging the jails IPs from another host on the network doesn't actually prove the jail's networking is working. The FreeNAS host will bind to and replay from this IP.

When you disabled VIMAGE did you also assign a network interface to your jails?
"Socket: operation not permitted" - should not happen as by default the jails should have permission to ping. I'm not sure what is funky with your configuration
I screwed up permissions of the whole jails dataset while messing with webdav. I ended up destroying the jails dataset and rebuilding.

https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/54407/

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.