Can't install mono - mono-4.8.1.0_2.txz: Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasn

Dabbler
So forcing the pkg update delivered the following error message;

Code:
pkg update -f
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
Fetching meta.txz: 100%	944 B   0.9kB/s	00:01  
Fetching packagesite.txz: 100%	6 MiB   1.3MB/s	00:05  
Processing entries:   0%
pkg: Newer FreeBSD version for package hs-cryptohash-conduit:
- package: 1101001
- running kernel: 1100122
pkg: repository FreeBSD contains packages for wrong OS version: FreeBSD:11:amd64
Processing entries: 100%
Unable to update repository FreeBSD
Error updating repositories!
I also found this bug report for pkg 1.10.4, which points to an error updating the pkg repository, but updating the repository with;

Code:
pkg -o OSVERSION=1100122 update
or

Code:
pkg -o OSVERSION=1101001 update
doesn't update my repository at all. Could this be the issue as to why my pkg repository isn't pointing to the newer version of mono?

mjt5282

Contributor
effectively Freebsd 11 has been frozen. They want everyone to migrate over to FBSD 11.1 , if you have a jail with 11.1, the ports and pkg tools work fine. WARDEN (the default gui for 11.1) does not ship with the same FBSD11.1 template that it needs. You can however use IOCAGE or WARDEN to download a 11.1 template. I would suggest researching IOCAGE as it seems to be the future direction for FN.

jasn

Dabbler
Thanks for the response.

I'm not sure if this means I can do something to "fix" my current jail or I need to create a new one which will work with future updates. It feels like FreeNAS is a holding pattern between the transition from the old UI to the new one. If the simplest answer is to wait until the 11.2 comes out with the new UI, and then create a new jail, then I may opt to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.