can't find which disk belong to which volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirkme

Contributor
Hi dear FreeNAS Friends,

hope to get better in asking my questions.

FreeNAS 11 is now running live and I have the hassle to get all data imported.

However, where in the GUI can I find which disks belong to which volume?

Last edited by a moderator:

melloa

Wizard
Not sure I understand. If you upgraded, the volumes will be imported. If you did a fresh install, you can go to volume -> import and the volume will be imported. Why exactly you need to know the disks?

danb35

Hall of Famer
However, where in the GUI can I find which disks belong to which volume?
Storage -> pick the volume -> Volume Status (the button at the bottom that looks like a blank sheet of notebook paper).

dirkme

Contributor
OK, I was trying to see it from the 2nd created volume name, if I co on the top, then I can see that.

Again, thanks a lot, you are a Super Star ;-)

AAronoff

Dabbler
I have the same question, but we're using FreeNAS 9.2.1.5. When I go to Storage | Volume, I do not see a "Volume Status" button at the bottom. Is there a way to get at this info in FreeNAS version 9.2.1.5?

danb35

Hall of Famer
When I go to Storage | Volume, I do not see a "Volume Status" button at the bottom.
You need to click on the volume first. And upgrade to a version less than four years old.

AAronoff

Dabbler
we're using FreeNAS 9.2.1.5. When I go to Storage | Volume, I do not see a "Volume Status" button at the bottom.
Sorry, I didn't pick the volume first. The buttons available on a selected volume are different from those on a selected dataset.

Status
Not open for further replies.