SOLVED Can't delete files from one specific sub-folder

nightchrono

Cadet
I have an HP Proliant G7 and 3 DAS of 36 two-terabyte drives running TrueNAS-13.0-U2. I have my share structure as "/mnt/Array/PlexMedia" and several subfolders.

I ripped a new CD and didn't notice that EAC didn't delete some wav files before encoding them to FLAC, so I tried to delete the wav files so they stop polluting my plex library.

If I delete the individual files, they just come back when you refresh windows explorer. If you attempt to delete the whole folder I get:
"An unexpected error is keeping you from deleting this folder....
Error 0x80070032: The request is not supported"

I can delete anything else in this share without issue.

I used the "Open" ACL preset on this share.

SMART is enabled on all my disks and none are showing any errors.

If anyone can assist I would greatly appreciate it.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Are the subfolders just folders, or are they ZFS datasets? Can you ls -l these files to display the ownership and permissions? Do you have an ACL applied?

nightchrono

Cadet
Image of ls-l results below.

They are just subfolders to my knowledge. I don't know what a ZFS dataset is so I don't think it is something I enabled/used.

The Filesystem ACL is the "Open" preset. I am attaching a screenshot of the Share ACL.

Share ACL.PNG

ls l.PNG

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
OK, what's probably happening is Plex is holding onto those WAV files as part of its Library, as an alternate version of those tracks. Try removing them from within Plex.

nightchrono

Cadet
Tried deleting them in plex and got the error "There was a problem deleting this item."

I tried shutting down the separate physical plex server and then deleting them while it was down. and got the same result in windows explorer.

Sorry, I should have included those details in the OP. My brain was on a one-way track of TrueNAS and I didn't think to include the plex details.

nightchrono

Cadet
I ended up doing a "rm *.wav" and that seems to have removed the offending files for real, and I was able to remove them from plex after that.

Haven't tried removing the whole folder to see if that issue persists, but the plex library is now as it should be so I consider it solved.

Thanks so much for all the help. Talking it out got me thinking in the right direction.