Can't create Cluster

joshsyx

Cadet
Hello everyone who tries to help me!
First of all, thank you for the help!

I'm trying to build a cluster, but am a bit stuck. To create a cluster, you need to fill in another IP Address for some reason. It doesn't show me anything so i thought 'ok, maybe i need to add a second IP'. I tried that, it made my server go offgrid. I couldn't reach anything from the internet, only LAN, while all i did was add another IP. So, i removed the IP again and tried a Bridge. That also didn't work, it has the same results, which is pretty weird because i only added the same IP as normal. I still can reach it through Local, but all the catalog syncs failed, i couldn't ping google.com...

Does anyone know how to solve the networking problem and create a cluster? i have 3 pc's so they all need the same treatment.

Here are some screenshots i made of the stages of hell i've been through.

image.png

1 INTERFACE, NO BRIDGE, JUST ONE IP, WORKS!

image.png

INTERFACE, NO IP ON INTERFACE, BRIDGED TO THE SAME IP AS BEFORE, DOES NOT WORK!

View attachment 64508
1 INTERFACE, 2 IP'S, SAME IP AS BEFORE WITH ANOTHER ONE, DOES NOT WORK!

image.png

CLUSTERING PROBLEM, NO NETWORK ADDRESSES WHILE I ADDED THEM TO TRUECOMMAND WITH IP'S???

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
How many machines do you have? A cluster by definition is a system build from multiple connected machines. I am not familiar with the current state of clustering in TrueNAS SCALE but if things have not changed in a significant way recently, you need at least three machines.

That's where the "ip addresses" (plural!) requirement comes from. You enter the addresses of all your individual servers.

joshsyx

Cadet
I have three old PC's built to servers. For easy use i gave them a static IP through my router 101, 102 and 103. They are connected to a NetGear Switch with ip 100. All of the PC's have one NIC.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems