Can't connect Win10 VM to Internet

thecernik

Cadet
Hi, I am very new to TrueNAS so please bear with me if I'm missing something obvious.

I installed and setup TrueNAS 12.0-U8 onto an old PC of mine that was just sat gathering dust, hoping to use it as a NAS as well as hosting some dedicated game servers from a windows/linux vm.

Managed to get through all the setup of the NAS fine, and after overcoming some issues getting VMs setup (namely that virtualisation was disabled in my BIOS) got an install of Win10 Pro and Ubuntu 20.04 up and running. However I have been unable to get them to connect to the internet. I installed VirtIO drivers on the windows VM which showed as connected to ethernet, and I could ping the TrueNAS server, and other machines on the network but still no internet.

I tried following this thread but it didn't really get me anywhere. I haven't found a thread anywhere that seems to cover this exact issue so I assume it's something very simple that I'm missing but would really appreciate if anyone has experience with this could lend a hand?

Please let me know if I need to provide any extra details, all my hardware should be in my signature but happy to provide anything else.