FreeNAS 11 Win10 VM Map Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstathoulis

Dabbler
Hi Everyone,

Firstly, I hope I'm posting correctly.

I currently have FreeNAS 11 which I have installed Windows 10 as a VM. It boots up fine and sees the internet no problem. However, I'm having a hard time in trying to map from Win10 (VM) to the FreeNAS folders.
In other words, how the hec to you get windows to see/map freeNAS folders? Can someone please send me in the right direction or a link somewhere?

Thanks in advance

Allan Wilmath

Explorer
In Windows, with the file explorer open, right click on word Network on the left pane. Select map drive. Having IPv6 fully enabled on your network seems to help with Windows find network drives. You can however simply enter the IP address of your file server. Windows uses \ instead of / for file paths. You will probably have to connect using 'other user' so you can put in the credentials as they are in FreeNAS. By default Windows wants to tack on the @domain to the user, causing authentication to fail.

good luck.

s25a

Explorer
Hi all,

have the same issue here. I am not sure if the creator could solve but seting up a "normal" SMB Share does not help. I have also Windows running on a VM and want to connect to the host system. But this does not work. I can connect to any other Freenas System in the network that has a SMB Share but not specifically on the host. So is there another thing I have to do when connecting a VM to a host SMB Share? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.