Can't connect to SMB share from Windows 2012 R2 server ACCESS DENIED.

n8lbv

Explorer
I have a decent amount of experience with Samba and Windows but this one has me stuck.

I simply have not been able to access any share from this one WIn2012 R2 server, it's a Domain controller..

I AM trying in the correct username and password and I've tried every combination of username:
Domain\username
username

\username

And cannot access the share.

Any other computer I try connects to it and works. WIn7 Win10 Win8.1 Server 2008 R2..

Just this one server will not authenticate and connect to the share.

I know for a fact that nothing on the server has been modified as far as SMB goes, it is all default settings... no protocol registry modifications.

I am looking for pointers, what logs etc can I check to see why it is not authenticating to FREENAS. *THANKS*

smbd.log shows "
(make_connection_snum)
create_connection_session_info failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED"

When I attempt.

Which I already know....

What else can I check?

This is the one and only host that I actually want to access the stinking share!! LOL. and it can't.

THANKS!!!

Any pointers appreciated how to diagnose.

Steve

n8lbv

Explorer
Probably should have dropped this in "authentication" section.
Sorry if this is wrong place.

n8lbv

Explorer
And it connects and accesses the share just fine if I set everything to guest access on the SMB share.
Forgot to mention that.
Which doesn't work for me in this case :)

n8lbv

Explorer
*Bump*
Please point me in the right direction.
How can I diagnose why the connection/auth is failing?
Thanks!

n8lbv

Explorer
No none at all.
I spent a lot of time searching here and other places before finally posting here.
And I'm not getting any responses here yet.
I could really use some help in troubleshooting why it is not authenticating.
Is there a way to see WHY it is not successfully authenticating to the share?

D

dlavigne

If this still isn't resolved, I'd recommend create a report at bugs.freenas.org. Include your debug in the report (System -> Advanced -> Save Debug) and post the issue number here. Note that the ticket will be hidden from others until a dev has a chance to review and remove the debug.

n8lbv

Explorer
Cannot submit a bug I get "Assignee is invalid error" Big red line at top of screen when I try.

n8lbv

Explorer
Follow up:
Still unresolved.
Low Priority project.
I need to pick this back up sometime.
I had given up on it temporarily and am going to completely reinstall a newer version of FREENAS and try all over again.

vartha

Cadet
I had the same problem.
Using trial and error, I found out that by enabling NTLM v1 authentication in the SMB service settings in FreeNAS, I'm able to connect using \username.