SOLVED Can't Connect to Network from Windows 10 Pro VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

wraith

Contributor
Hi,

I've recently created a Windows 10 Pro VM within my FreeNAS 11.2-U5 server.

During the setup I was unable to connect to a network and completed it using the "I don't have access to internet" function. Now that I have the VM up and running I'm trying to figure out how to connect to a network and what driver to install in Windows 10 Pro VM

I'm currently assuming I need a VirtIO driver [this being the NIC i chose based on other user's recommendations].

I think I've found a VirtIO driver here [https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Windows_Virtio_Drivers#Direct_download] but am unclear how to get it into the Windows VM when I need the VirtIO driver to get access to the VirtIO driver! The same function to provide access to a server as one does with a jail doesn't seem available.

Any assistance appreciated!

wraith

Contributor
Figured it out. Grrrrrrrrrrrr... Always spend ages looking for a solution, ask for help, then figure it out not long after!

nojohnny101

Wizard
You should share what the solution was so others in future who mind find this post looking for an answer have something to help them.

Glad you got it solved.

wraith

Contributor

glowery

Cadet
I'm glad I found this post! I recently upgraded to TrueNAS Core and was having the same problem with a Windows VM. I download the iso file and installed it and holla! it works now. Thanks for the followup info.

Status
Not open for further replies.