SOLVED Can't Connect to MineOS Server on SCALE

f2n73

Cadet
Hello,
I recently downloaded the mineos application from the application page. It boots and is able to run servers but I cannot connect to them. I am a newbie when it comes to this server stuff but I'm sure everything is set up correctly. The server's ip address is set to 192.169.1.9 in networking yet when I type that into minecraft it shows the following error. I've used MineOS before without a hitch on different platforms but now I cant connect to the server.

31C7S.jpg

Would really appreciate the help since I've been stuck on this for the past 4 days and there is no documentation about this anywhere that I could fined.

f2n73

Cadet
I ran hostname -I to see if the server was indeed running off 192.168.1.9 but instead it gave me this IP address.
1708390844274.png

Plugging it into minecraft did not fix the issue.

f2n73

Cadet
81 views and no replies. Guess I'm the first one in the universe to have this problem lol.
If it helps anything I have a Plex app running on the same server. LAN devices can see it but nothing on my wifi can. When I go to the remote access panel to get the IP I just see this.

1708525476535.png

(It should also be saying 192.168.1.9 and yes I added that IP to the "Custom server access URLs" setting in the network tab)

f2n73

Cadet
I'm just going to keep updating this thread as I go in case I have a miraculous discovery, I'm sure someone in the future is going to have this same issue.
I decided to add a 2 more Nameservers to my global configuration in the Network tab (1.1.1.1 and 9.9.9.9) and that fixed the Plex issue. I can use it over wifi. I am still extremely confused as to why I am getting so many different IP address for this machine when it should be 192.168.1.9, it's almost like it is its own router.
(Again I am new to this server stuff.)
1708589116620.png

I'm hopeful that this fix is getting me closer to fixing the actual issue. Soon MineOS will be mine.

chuck32

Guru
You didn't specify your original DNS configuration.

The 172.16.0.52 is probably the IP of the internal docker network.

f2n73

Cadet
You didn't specify your original DNS configuration.

The 172.16.0.52 is probably the IP of the internal docker net
I'm assuming you mean my network setup. Yeah that's on me it probably would have helped to share that.
1708627450716.png

chuck32

Guru
81 views and no replies. Guess I'm the first one in the universe to have this problem lol.
You didn't really give much information that would get us started helping you.

First of all if plex also was not working there seems to be something up with your general network configuration. Plex is working now?

LAN devices can see it but nothing on my wifi can.
Confusing.

With 192.168.1.1 as the only DNS entry you were not able to connect via wifi? I assume the LAN devices that were always able to reach plex are connected to the same switch.

Please share how your network setup looks like, a network diagram (doesn't need to be pretty) would be good. I'm fishing in the dark here. If there was trouble connecting to your router there would be no internet connectivity but apparently you are able to access internet from your truenas machine.

Are you trying connect to the correct ports? Can you check in your mineOS config or use nmap -p- 192.168.1.9 on a another machine to scan what ports are open on your truenas machine. Maybe there are non default ports used.

But the machine you try to connect from is able to ping 192.168.1.9?

f2n73

Cadet
You didn't really give much information that would get us started helping you.

First of all if plex also was not working there seems to be something up with your general network configuration. Plex is working now?

Yes I am now able to connect to the Plex server over wifi.

With 192.168.1.1 as the only DNS entry you were not able to connect via wifi? I assume the LAN devices that were always able to reach plex are connected to the same switch.

Please share how your network setup looks like, a network diagram (doesn't need to be pretty) would be good. I'm fishing in the dark here. If there was trouble connecting to your router there would be no internet connectivity but apparently you are able to access internet from your truenas machine.

Everything is connected to the router.
network.jpg

Are you trying connect to the correct ports? Can you check in your mineOS config or use nmap -p- 192.168.1.9 on a another machine to scan what ports are open on your truenas machine. Maybe there are non default ports used.

After running nmap -p - 192.168.1.9:
1708640491190.png

MineOS Config

- variable: mineosNetwork
label: ""
group: Network Configuration
schema:
type: dict
attrs:
- variable: webPort
label: WebUI Port
description: The port for MineOS WebUI
schema:
type: int
default: 30015
min: 9000
max: 65535
required: true
- variable: mineosPortRangeStart
label: Port Range Start
description: |
The start of the port range for MineOS servers.</br>
It will open both TCP and UDP ports.
schema:
default: 30016
- variable: mineosPortRangeEnd
label: Port Range End
The end of the port range for MineOS servers.</br>
It will open both TCP and UDP ports.</br>
Keep in mind that the port range can be at max 10 ports.
schema:
default: 30017
- variable: useHTTPS
label: Use HTTPS
Enable HTTPS for MineOS WebUI.</br>
If enabled, and you don't specify a certificate, </br>
a self-signed certificate will be generated.
schema:
type: boolean
default: false
- variable: certificateID
label: Certificate
description: The certificate to use for MineOS WebUI
schema:
show_if: [["useHTTPS", "=", true]]
"null": true
$ref:
- "definitions/certificate"

But the machine you try to connect from is able to ping 192.168.1.9?

Yes it is able to ping 192.168.1.9
sdfsdfsd.png

f2n73

Cadet
I want to thank chuck32 for all the help. After getting all the information for that last reply I noticed that the SCALE application version of MineOS was not using Minecraft's default 25565 port and instead was using 30017. I then proceed to change the port in the server.properties file from 25565 to 30017 then booted minecraft. When inputting the IP I made sure to specify 30017 and boom, I am finally able to connect. Thank you again chuck32 for all your help.
1708641692613.png

1708641723302.png

chuck32

Guru
No problem :) Interestingly enough the port did not show up with nmap though. Was mineOS running during the scan?

Glad I could help.

You can edit your first post and mark as solved.

I'm still slightly confused about the plex / DNS issue, but since you got that resolved that doesn't matter much now I guess.

f2n73

Cadet
Code:
- variable: mineosPortRangeStart
          label: Port Range Start
            The start of the port range for MineOS servers.</br>
            It will open both TCP and UDP ports.
          schema:
            default: 30016
        - variable: mineosPortRangeEnd
          label: Port Range End
            The end of the port range for MineOS servers.</br>
            It will open both TCP and UDP ports.</br>
            Keep in mind that the port range can be at max 10 ports.
          schema:
            default: 30017

So it should use 30016 or 30017 as default ports however I don't see them in your list. If I read it correctly it will actually choose a port between 9000 and 65535,
Shutdown mineOS and see which ports disappeared.

Which port did you specificy for your connection to mineOS?
I changed it to 30017 and it is now working per my last post, thank you so much for the help genuinely this has been a week of ripping my hair out lol.

chuck32

Guru
I changed it to 30017 and it is now working per my last post
You were faster than my edit after your last reply ;) From your config it should have been 30016 or 30017 but I would have expected them to show up during the port scan.