Cant add plug ins to Plex on Freenas

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEvinn

Dabbler
Hi,

I have been trying to add the trakt plug in to my Plex server on my Freeness but when i access the Plex plug in folder from my mac, it wont let me paste anything in there because i do not have the right rights to make that action. Im browsing the files of my freeness via an AFP share on my macbook. Is this the right way to add a plug in to Plex or do i have to do it another way? if not can someone explain to me why i don't have the rights to paste things in the plugin folder. I have 2 other AFP shares one with Time Machine activated and i can read and write in those folders with no problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Kevin

SSH to the server, type "jls", find the number for your plex server then type "jexec # tcsh" you will be placed into the jail. Navigate to the plugin folder location, this will vary based on if you used the plugin or the pkg but should be /usr/pbi/plexmediaserver-amd64/plexdata/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins for your indicated install.

Once in the folder type "wget http://www.website.bla/location/to/file.dnce" Once it has downloaded you should be able to do "unzip file.dnce" and have it extract to the plugins folder unzip doccumentation is here https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=unzip&sektion=1

You could also download to another folder and unzip where you do have write access and then copy the files over to the jail. You more than likely do not have permissions set up correctly for your computer to make the changes to the directory in question so you will have to do it via command line.

KEvinn

Dabbler
Yo thans for your reply.

The wget command is not working for me or did i do something wrong ? I have pasted the code down below for you to see.

Code:
root@Plex:/usr # dir                                                         
dir: Command not found.                                                      
root@Plex:/usr # cd local                                                    
root@Plex:/usr/local # cd plexdata                                           
root@Plex:/usr/local/plexdata # cd plex media server                         
cd: Too many arguments.                                                                                       
root@Plex:/usr/local/plexdata # cd 'Plex Media Server'                       
root@Plex:/usr/local/plexdata/Plex Media Server # cd plug ins                
cd: Too many arguments.                                                      
root@Plex:/usr/local/plexdata/Plex Media Server # cd 'plug ins'              
plug ins: No such file or directory.                                         
root@Plex:/usr/local/plexdata/Plex Media Server # cd plug-ins                
plug-ins: No such file or directory.                                         
root@Plex:/usr/local/plexdata/Plex Media Server # cd 'plug-ins'              
plug-ins: No such file or directory.                                         
root@Plex:/usr/local/plexdata/Plex Media Server # cd 'Plug-ins'              
root@Plex:/usr/local/plexdata/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins # wget https://github.c
om/trakt/Plex-Trakt-Scrobbler/archive/master.zip                             
wget: Command not found.                                                     
root@Plex:/usr/local/plexdata/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins #                      

Thanks for the help,
Kevin

Edit: silly me i just found out that i have to install the wget feature :http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-freebsd-installing-gnu-wget-command-port/

E
dit2: now that i have installed the wget feature its still not working
the "cd /usr/ports/ftp/wget/ && make install clean" command returns: directory not found, the same goes for portsnap fetch update.
Code:
[root@freenas ~]# wget                                                                                                             
wget: missing URL                                                                                                                  
Usage: wget [OPTION]... ...                                ...                                      [/CODE]

Last edited:
It's a lot easier to install things with the package system. Most things that are on a port have a package, seriously suggest using it if it is available. You also have to remember to install it in a jail not try and install it on the main system.

So it will be

jls

jexec # tcsh

pkg install wget

If you're going to go as far as to have to install a package I would suggest setting up a new jail (not a click on the plugin and install) and install Plex from scratch. https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...all-plex-in-a-freenas-9-3-jail-updated.19412/

If you have been using the plugin for a while you can copy over the configuration files or just start fresh especially since it's not all that hard to configure.

KEvinn

Dabbler
Thanks!! I managed to get it working and learned a few new things in the process. I didn't install Plex from the plugin. ;)

Thank you nightshade00013 and happy holidays ;)
Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.