11.2 Plug-ins problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PerryM

Dabbler
I have a working 11.2 update of 11.1 U6, except that it won't allow me to install plug-ins. It goes through the motions but finishes with an error:
[EFAULT] Exception: URLError: occured, destroyed plex.
I have tried a couple of other plug-ins with the same result.

Some ideas about where to go next would be very helpful for this very confused old fart!!
thanks

D

dlavigne

That usually indicates a network issue that prevented the completion of the download and install. Anything in /var/log/messages around the time of the failed install?

PerryM

Dabbler
I think that due to my ineptitude over the years and various versions of FreeNAS, I now have a load of junk in the attic! Is there a safe way to clear all the old jail stuff out whilst retaining my basic data? There is no old plug-in stuff that I want to retain.
I have a 5x3TB drive ZFS FreeNAS store currently holding about 8TB of data. I am very tempted to backup all this data and start from scratch with a new clean install of 11.2, but that is obviously days and days of effort that I would like to avoid!
thanks for your understanding

PerryM

Dabbler
OK - done that.
I still get the same error message at the end of trying to install PLEX
My router has allocated plex an IRL but it says it is unconnected.
There is nothing in the FreeNAS log file at this time

The only thing I can think to do is to do a clean install of 11.1U6 and see where that takes me.
What do you think?

D

dlavigne

You could, but it still sounds like a network error...

PerryM

Dabbler
Well - in one last desperate throw I 'Reset Configuration to Defaults' in the console and then reloaded my last config stored. It had to reboot about 5 times to get it going but hey - I now have Plex up and running!
Thanks for the support - I think I'll leave it well alone for awhile!

Status
Not open for further replies.