Can't access share with user/group restricted folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaax

Cadet
Hi,

First, I'm sorry if this question has been raised before. I've been browsing the forum for a while, but can not find a similar topic.

My setup...

I've created two folders in my ZFS FreeNas system; "media" and "home". The folder "media" is accessible for all (guest) and "home" contains sub directories, that is one for each user in the family. Currently only one folder named "test". The "test" folder belongs to user "test" and group "test", which are created in the system. I can successfully login using shell with user "test" and the password.

I've created a CIFS share for this folder "test" within the "home" directory.

So far so good...

Now, from my Windows Vista PC I'm trying to map to the CIFS, but get no access using my "test" user login credentials. The funny thing is that I managed to get access once and it worked fine.

The even more funny thing... then I managed to successfully map to the CIFS share using my Mac Air!

The not so funny thing; now I can not connect to the share using my Win Vista PC and this is the reason I'm crying for help!

Questions)

1) Can only one client access to a share simultaneously? If the Mac is connected, the Windows PC is not approved a connection?

2) Should I create one CIFS share for each client, such as one CIFS share (or AFP share) for my Mac and one CIFS share for my Win PC?

3) How should I login from the Win PC? Is it valid to use the "test" user login credentials or should I use "WORKGROUP\test"? I've tried both.

/ zaax

Status
Not open for further replies.