Can't access plex server

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalliqaz

Dabbler
Hi, I have a fresh install of FreeNAS 9.10.1 and I just installed the plex plugin, pretty much the same as described here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DnUWTliaOY

It doesn't work. Plex is supposed to have a web access and I can't connect. The jail responds to a ping but it refuses all connections. Has anyone seen (and solved) this issue before?

thanks

metalliqaz

Dabbler
Okay, I poked around some more and I seem to have solved the problem, but I still need help.

I had to turn "Service Status" in the plugin configuration page to "On". My question is what is this actually doing? It is obviously not the same as starting the jail. So what exactly is it starting?

thanks

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
So what exactly is it starting?
It's starting the Plex service. You can get the same results by typing "service plexmediaserver start" from the CLI.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
@Jailer is correct, but it also enabled the service so it should start with a freenas/jail (re)boot. the same as running 'sysrc plexmediaserver_enable=YES'

Joseph Lennemann

Explorer
One small issue I had when installing the Plex plugin was I could not get the service to start. I ended up rebooting the server and the service started up just fine. Glad to see you figured it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.