Cannot save iSCSI Target

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuutB

Cadet
I wanted to configure freenas for VMware and used following info http://johnkeen.tech/freenas-11-iscsi-esxi-6-5-lab-setup/ almost everything goes as expected with one exception, the target does not get saved. I make the necessary changes and click on save but nothing happens. I added a screenshot.
2018-09-08_153512.jpg

kdragon75

Wizard
I thought this was fixed. There should be an error or notice that you must use all lowercase. This is not a constraint of ctld (the iSCSI driver) but I would guess the regex that's used to validate the input. change the Target Name to "iscsi_target" and it will work. Just a tip, even if that the only target you will ever use, give a more descriptive name based on its intended use. Don't use the extent name either as you can have multiple extents per target. If it's for ESXi you might say esxi_tier1 for tier one LUNs etc...

JuutB

Cadet
Thanks kdragon, that did the trick. You made me a very happy man, also thanks for the advice regards naming.

kdragon75

Wizard
Happy to help. I spent a good 20 minutes banging my head against a wall on that one. Don't forget to hit that thanks button!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.