Cannot mirror SSD pool

achmetinternet

Explorer
I had two SSD as a mirror with a small partition used for boot-pool (64G) and the remaining space as a mirror for a pool called SSD. One SSD failed and I had to remove it & now replaced it. I copied the partition from the remaining SSD via dd and could attach one partition to the boot-pool where it works as mirror. But I cannot attach the remaining space as a mirro to my SSD pool. When I checked for UUID in order to do the attach command by /dev/disk/UUID I found out that my UUID from the two SSD are the same and I don't know how to change them (if that would be a solution to attach the remainer partition to the SSD pool) since tune2fs doesn't work for Solaris/Apple ZFS fomratted partitions.

This is the error I get where nvme0n1p5 is the partition from the newly installed SSD that I need to attach as a mirror.

root@MONSTERSERVER[~]# zpool attach SSD nvme1n1p5 nvme0n1p5
cannot attach nvme0n1p5 to nvme1n1p5: no such device in pool

But when I add the device to the pool, it is not added as a mirror
sad.png
Maybe someone can tell me what I am doing wrong or what I should do...would hate to see that nearly 1TB go to waste.

achmetinternet

Explorer
OK, after a bit of googling and searching the forums on "stripe to mirror zpool" I found the solution:

1. get the PARTUUID via command blkid in the shell
  2. run zpool attach NAME_OF_POOL PARTUUID_EXISTING_PARTITION PARTUUID_NEW PARTITION
And the existing partition is now mirrored :)