Cannot locate iTunes/DAAP Service in v9.2.1.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

subi75

Dabbler
I've just built my first FreeNAS server using the latest version (9.2.1.8) and I'm currently attempting to setup an iTunes server on it. As I can't currently locate instructions on how to do this on 9.2.x, I'm relying on instructions from an older version (9.1.x) as per http://www.homemultimedianetwork.com/Guides/Setting-up-FreeNAS-as-an-iTunes-Server.php and other websites, which all reference a Service that needs to be enabled called "iTunes/DAAP". Unfortuntely this service does not appear to exist any more in the current version of FreeNAS, nor are there any default plugins which include either iTunes or DAAP in the name.

I've already installed FireFly, but is there anything I also need to install and configure to get the iTunes server going?

On a slightly seperate note (but still associated to the iTunes server), is it possible to have 2 x iTunes servers/databases concurrently active on the FreeNAS system, as my wife would prefer to have a seperate database to mine (all references I see refer to a single iTunes database only being installed/configured).

cyberjock

Inactive Account
First, that isn't for FreeNAS 9.1.x. It's pre-8.x, which means it's not even this project.

I've never seen iTunes as a Server on FreeNAS 8.x+, so you've got a steep uphill battle (assuming this is even possible anymore).

Notice that their copyright in the corner is 2009. That's quite old. The website looks like a place that was created, a bunch of guides were thrown in, and then it was abandoned.

Status
Not open for further replies.