cannot iocage upgrade plex

par

Explorer
My plex jail is stuck on 11.3-RELEASE-p14 whereas all of my other ones I was able to iocage update to 12.1-RELEASE-p10. I also tried using the Plugins Update button and it didn't work. In both cases the update says successful but is stuck on 11.3. When I tried creating a new plex plugin it was on 12.1 as expected.

I think the reason might be that my plex jail "plugin name" is set to "plex" and not "plexmediaserver"? But there appears to be no way to rename it as the option is greyed out. How do I fix this without creating a whole new plex plugin installation?

Daisuke

Contributor
Stop your jail, open a TrueNAS shell and run the commands below, upgrade will fail:
Code:
root@nas[~]# iocage list
+-----+------+-------+--------------+------+
| JID | NAME | STATE |   RELEASE    | IP4  |
+=====+======+=======+==============+======+
| 2   | plex | down  | 11.3-RELEASE | DHCP |
root@nas[~]# iocage upgrade plex -r 12.1-RELEASE
Snapshotting plex...
Updating plugin INDEX...
New plugin RELEASE missing, fetching now...
Fetching: 12.1-RELEASE

Downloading: MANIFEST [####################] 100%
Downloading: base.txz [#-------------------] 7%  0.2MB/s
Installing updates... done.
Running upgrade...
plex is not running, starting jail

Command output:
Snapshotting plex...
Updating plugin INDEX...
Updating plugin artifact...
Cloning git repository

Branch 12.2-RELEASE does not exist at https://github.com/freenas/iocage-plugin-plexmediaserver.git!
Using "master" branch for plugin, this may not work with your RELEASE
Removing old pkgs...
pkg: jail 3 not found

PKG error, update failed! Rolling back snapshot.

Is this the expected behavior? The plugin shows the 12.1 release now:

1603332438841.png

Last edited:

ddaenen1

Patron
Stop your jail, open a TrueNAS shell and run the commands below, upgrade will fail:
Code:
root@nas[~]# iocage list
| JID | NAME | STATE |   RELEASE    | IP4  |
+=====+======+=======+==============+======+
| 2   | plex | down  | 11.3-RELEASE | DHCP |
root@nas[~]# iocage upgrade plex -r 12.1-RELEASE
Snapshotting plex...
Updating plugin INDEX...
New plugin RELEASE missing, fetching now...
Fetching: 12.1-RELEASE

Downloading: MANIFEST [####################] 100%
Downloading: base.txz [#-------------------] 7%  0.2MB/s
Installing updates... done.
Running upgrade...
plex is not running, starting jail

Command output:
Snapshotting plex...
Updating plugin INDEX...
Updating plugin artifact...
Cloning git repository

Branch 12.2-RELEASE does not exist at https://github.com/freenas/iocage-plugin-plexmediaserver.git!
Using "master" branch for plugin, this may not work with your RELEASE
Removing old pkgs...

PKG error, update failed! Rolling back snapshot.

Is this the expected behavior? The plugin shows the 12.1 release now:

View attachment 42175

That is odd. I must say my jail upgrade wasn't flawless either but it shows 12.1-RELEASE and everything seems to work. Might a script glitch.

ddaenen1

Patron
My plex jail is stuck on 11.3-RELEASE-p14 whereas all of my other ones I was able to iocage update to 12.1-RELEASE-p10. I also tried using the Plugins Update button and it didn't work. In both cases the update says successful but is stuck on 11.3. When I tried creating a new plex plugin it was on 12.1 as expected.

I think the reason might be that my plex jail "plugin name" is set to "plex" and not "plexmediaserver"? But there appears to be no way to rename it as the option is greyed out. How do I fix this without creating a whole new plex plugin installation?

You might want to check out the thread HERE. Been through this some time ago. If you follow the guidelines, you should be able to fix that.

Reactions: par

par

Explorer
You might want to check out the thread HERE. Been through this some time ago. If you follow the guidelines, you should be able to fix that.
Hey this worked for me thank you, upgraded to 12.1-RELEASE for the plex jail. I was trying something similar and it kept failing so I think the crucial part was with the config.json. I don't think most people are going to run into this problem unless they created their plex plugin a some time ago like you mentioned.

Last edited:

ddaenen1

Patron
Hey this worked for me thank you, upgraded to 12.1-RELEASE for the plex jail. I was trying something similar and it kept failing so I think the crucial part was with the config.json. I don't think most people are going to run into this problem unless they created their plex plugin a some time ago like you mentioned.

Happy to hear that. I have had a fair share of issues with Plex and am happy to say, it has been working like a charm for a long time now.