Cannot install Seafile seahub and mariadb at the same time

testcb00

Dabbler
Hi everyone, I want to test Seafile in a jail. I try to follow this old post and find problems.

When I try to install seahub and mariadb105, I find that the seahub depends on mysql57-client and py38-mysqlclient.

Code:
Installed packages to be REMOVED:
        mariadb105-client: 10.5.12_1
        mariadb105-server: 10.5.12_1

New packages to be INSTALLED:
        libzdb: 3.2.2
        mysql57-client: 5.7.35
        py38-mysqlclient: 2.0.2
        seafile-server: 8.0.5_1
        seahub: 8.0.5

Number of packages to be removed: 2
Number of packages to be installed: 5

It seems that these two packages prevent me to install mariadb105-server. I would like to know if it is possible to use mariadb instead of mysql for seahub in FreeBSD Jail. Do I need to build from Port Tree for this case?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I would like to know if it is possible to use mariadb instead of mysql for seahub in FreeBSD Jail. Do I need to build from Port Tree for this case?
I'm not clear on why you want to make your life harder in order to select the "best database" for an application which has already chosen the one it works with (and therefore has been tested against before release).

I would think the best way forward would be to just accept the chosen database engine and enjoy your free time.

testcb00

Dabbler
I'm not clear on why you want to make your life harder in order to select the "best database" for an application which has already chosen the one it works with (and therefore has been tested against before release).

I would think the best way forward would be to just accept the chosen database engine and enjoy your free time.

You are right, I don't have to waste my time but I still want to know the method.

sretalla