Cannot destroy pool in TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02-RC.1-2

Dan Rimer

Dabbler
Hi there

I decided to increase the size of my main pool, STORE by deleting it and recreating it with 2 extra drives. I've backed it up to a 2nd pool and my System Dataset Pool is on my SSD boot drive mirror.

Everything looks like it is working but the Exporting pool dialog box has stopped at 60%. The server's console throws up errors like:
INFO: task middlewared (wo:8851 blocked for more than 241 seconds. - see screenshot
iKVM_capture.jpg

I've tried the following:

loaded a 2nd browser tab to see what's going on. The pool is still there and there's a red 1 on task manager with the report that destroying the pool is at 60%

stopped the SMB service

restarted the server (twice)

used SSH to "zpool destroy -f STORE"

none of that works!

My pool is a 4 x 14Tb (mostly empty) pool with 3 SSDs in a triple mirror for metadata and 2 SSDs as cache.

the disk activity reports show almost no activity during the destroy process...

thanks in advance!

dan

Last edited:

Dan Rimer

Dabbler
OK, fixed but not the "right" way!

I simply pulled out 2 of the drives to simulate a failed pool and restarted the server. Once it had restarted, the task still showed the pool being destroyed at 60%.

However, in the storage tab, the pool was listed as OFFLINE and gave me the option to export/disconnect it, which I did. This time, the destroy process took 5 seconds!

Now to recreate it all again!