SOLVED cannot delete expired certificate

mholin

Cadet
Hi guys

I created a letsencrypt cert for my subdomain pointing to my truenas server at home.
It was going to expire 1-4-22.
a day before, I imported a new letsencrypt cert, valid for 3 more months.
Now the old one (now expired) is still active and the new one is currently not in use.
When I try to delete the old one, I get message

[EBUSY] This object is being used by other objects

how can I remove/deactive the expired certificate?

bye Michael

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Don't forget to change all the references to the old certificate to the new certificate. Then you'll be able to delete the old certificate. Look under System->General, Services->S3, Services->FTP, Services->OpenVPN, or any where else there's a certificate pulldown referring to the old certificate.

mholin

Cadet
I could solve my problem, I had to select the new certificate in this dialog

Screenshot 2022-01-08 132628.png

appliance

Explorer
Hope this can be improved, super inconvenient to keep creating certificates (with tons of settings) just to find out they're useless for OpenVpn (some flags missing). They can't be deleted, and had to be created, old one unassigned, new ones reassigned, tested, rejected, and repeat. Worth of hours of time, vs 0 sec on DSM, for a comparison.

profwalken

Patron
Don't forget to change all the references to the old certificate to the new certificate. Then you'll be able to delete the old certificate. Look under System->General, Services->S3, Services->FTP, Services->OpenVPN, or any where else there's a certificate pulldown referring to the old certificate.
I have similar problem but i'm unable to find where old cert can be stuck in use, have no S3, No FTP, NO openVPN set nor enabled