SOLVED Can NOT Stop Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

nello

Patron
Sometimes I can NOT stop a Jail (that contains MythTV). In the GUI, I select the Jail, click on the red "Stop Jail" button, confirm that I really do want to stop the Jail, and never get beyond the "Please Wait" status, as shown below:

OctoberGroupNAS_-_FreeNAS-9_3-STABLE-201512121950.png

How can I find out what is keeping the jail from stopping?

joeschmuck

Old Man
How can I find out what is keeping the jail from stopping?
I would use Putty and open up an SSH window into FreeNAS and then use the "jexec" command to get into the jail, then command the jail to stop via the GUI and see what happens. The downside is the SSH window could be terminated before you run into the troubled spot but it's worth a shot. You can also command the jail to stop from within the SSH window to see if there is a different effect.

EDIT: How long have you waited for the jail to stop? On one of my manually created jails I need to wait close to 4 minutes, maybe a little longer, before the jail stops.

nello

Patron
How long have you waited for the jail to stop? On one of my manually created jails I need to wait close to 4 minutes, maybe a little longer, before the jail stops.

Yes, you are correct. Turns out that I need to wait longer for this Jail than my others. Sorry for the unnecessary post.

Thank you for your reply.

- nello

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Can I ask, @joeschmuck , what is it about the jail in question that causes it to require several minutes to shut down?

I'm just intellectually curious as to what's causing it, if we know.

nello

Patron
what is it about the jail in question that causes it to require several minutes to shut down
In my case it is a manually created Jail I use for MythTV and Plex. So it is running:
  • MythTV
  • Plex
  • Apache
  • MySQL

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Can I ask, @joeschmuck , what is it about the jail in question that causes it to require several minutes to shut down?

I'm just intellectually curious as to what's causing it, if we know.

Presumably that's how long it takes for the rc scripts to perform a clean shutdown.

"What an odd question." :smile:

joeschmuck

Old Man
In my case, the manual installation of MiniDLNA just takes a little longer to shut down. I can't specify what is taking longer (although @jgreco is) but it does take noticeably longer than a typical plugin, where my jail takes 1 minute & 34 seconds to shutdown. Also, I'm using the standard template, not the VB template.

Status
Not open for further replies.