Can not import ZPool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fisher

Cadet
So my usb on the last scrub showed faults and I replaced it. Fresh install of FreeNAS
Build FreeNAS-9.10.1-U4 (ec9a7d3)
Platform Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz
Memory 16353MB
Storage: 3 x 3TB Western Digital RED NAS drives

Note this is a hobby system to store common files that are on another back up so not worried about file loss. All though now I only have my main computer systems and the back storage so I'd like to have the NAS back up and running.

Currently no issues with the install and have restored a backup of the config. Only my ZPool is missing. Tried to import form GUI and no luck. Now I checked from the Shell. Wondering how best to proceed? Should I be okay with option 'f' or should I be looking at other options before using this?

Code:
[root@freenas ~]# zpool status -v																								   
  pool: freenas-boot																												
state: ONLINE																													 
  scan: scrub repaired 0 in 0h1m with 0 errors on Thu Jul  6 19:29:35 2017														 
config:																															 

NAME		STATE	 READ WRITE CKSUM																					 
		freenas-boot  ONLINE	   0	 0	 0																					
		  da0p2	 ONLINE	   0	 0	 0																					 

errors: No known data errors																										
[root@freenas ~]# zpool import																									 
   pool: bigpool																													
	 id: 8178406712315613740																										
  state: ONLINE																													 
status: The pool was last accessed by another system.																			 
action: The pool can be imported using its name or numeric identifier and														 
		the '-f' flag.																											 
   see: http://illumos.org/msg/ZFS-8000-EY																						 
config:																															

bigpool										 ONLINE																	 
		  raidz1-0									  ONLINE																	 
			gptid/5acd8354-92ab-11e4-ac82-90e6ba2d6654  ONLINE																	 
			gptid/86138184-7615-11e6-a836-90e6ba2d6654  ONLINE																	 
			gptid/5ca1a22b-92ab-11e4-ac82-90e6ba2d6654  ONLINE																	 
[root@freenas ~]#

danb35

Hall of Famer
Tried to import form GUI and no luck.
What do you mean by "no luck"? What happened? You should be fine to import from the CLI, but I don't think you should need to.

nojohnny101

Wizard
When you did a clean install, did you import your old config? If you didn't, then the system believes the pool belongs to another system. If you didn't save your old config file and then restore with that, did you export your pool before you did a clean install?

Fisher

Cadet
@danb35 "no luck" means when I attempt to import using the GUI it tries and then reboots. Not sure if there are logs I can pull its been awhile since I touched this system.

@nojohnny101 I did import my old config. No I did not export. Just shut down the system. put in the new USB drive and installed form the same ISO CD image. then used GUI to Update to latest stable version and then imported config. ZPool did not import. I then used the GUI Import see the ZPool ID and attempt to import.

Update looks like I am getting errors now that I tried the ZPool Import -f BigPool and its not looking great for me. It crashes when attempting to import. I can still boot from the default but no pool. I am guessing my next steps are to try and restore from a backup.

Fisher

Cadet
Just an update - Issue is my motherboard has failed - Looking closer at the issue I was able move things to another duplicate system and all thus far is working. Went to run a memory test 86 on the troubled system and it was reporting only 3GB out of 16GB. moved the memory to the good system and all 16GB show. Still running the memory test on the 16GB on the working system. Moved the known good memory to the system with trouble and it only showed up 2 GB. Really odd behaviour as I would expect all or nothing. Moving one stick of ram from memory slot I found it would not boot from 3 of the 4 slots. memory led would light up and no post.

So with some luck I can save time recovering the data on the drives and look to rebuild a new hobby NAS. perhaps this is a good time to level up the hardware to a more inline expected system for FreeNas

Status
Not open for further replies.