can I flash the H310 card by using the Dell R710 server itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

horizonbrave

Explorer
Hi,
I just wonder if it's possible to achieve flashing the H310 LSI RAID card in JBOD/IT mode by placing inside the Dell R710 itself.
I read somewhere else the people usually flashes it inside other machines/motherboards (at the moment I don't have other machine where I could install the card).
So far I haven't been able even to boot FreeDOS on the R710 so acually I even wonder what OS should I place in the USB thumbdrive (I use 3.0 models I hope that's not the problem) and usually transfer the image by using dd on linux or Gnome Disks (the "restore image" function).
Please, suggestions for this newbie? Many thanks!

Last edited:

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
There are several good guides on the internet for how to flash these. One is on a site called Serve the Home. I have an old Dell Precision T3500 workstation that I use. It should work on almost any computer though.

horizonbrave

Explorer
There are several good guides on the internet for how to flash these. One is on a site called Serve the Home. I have an old Dell Precision T3500 workstation that I use. It should work on almost any computer though.

Sorry I forgot to mention that I don't have any other computer where I could install the card.. just a laptop! :)
I'll have a look into those guide and eventually ask there.. I was just trying to figure out if I could be lucky and not needing to buy more hardware for flashing this card based on your experiences.

Thanks Chris for your pronto reply

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Sorry I forgot to mention that I don't have any other computer where I could install the card.. just a laptop! :)
I'll have a look into those guide and eventually ask there.. I was just trying to figure out if I could be lucky and not needing to buy more hardware for flashing this card based on your experiences.

Thanks Chris for your pronto reply
Why couldn't you flash it? Have people not been able to?

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Status
Not open for further replies.