CalDAV and CardDAV / wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.

DD4711

Contributor
Hello at all,

I'm currently setting up my FreeNAS as replacement for my Synology. I need a way to synchronize my contacts and calendars between Thunderbirds and some Androids. And a wiki solution (currently using dokuwiki). For some services I have at the moment no idea how to implement them the easiest way. Today I'm thinking about CalDAV and CardDAV and wiki. It's a pity there's no ready to run plugin for such a service :( Nextcloud is unfortunately not able (anymore) to do this.

Anyway. How did you implement CalDAV and CardDAV? And wiki software?

Thanks for your answers!

Edit: added wiki

Last edited:

danb35

Hall of Famer
Nextcloud is unfortunately not able (any more) to do this.
Why not? Nextcloud's Cal/CardDAV functionality works perfectly well, no?

DD4711

Contributor
Hello danb35,
I had a new look on the plugin and installed it. It is indeed possible to sync calendars and contacts with it after installing the two nextcloud plugins. Somewhere I read that nextcloud and owncloud aren't anymore able to sync that. But it works.
THANKS A LOT!

Still hoping someone knows an easy way to get a wiki like dokuwiki running :)

danb35

Hall of Famer
Dokuwiki isn't hard at all to install if you already have a LAMP or comparable stack installed (and really, the M isn't necessary as dokuwiki doesn't use a database), but there isn't a plugin, script, or guide for it that I know of.

KrisBee

Wizard
@DD4711 There are several forum post about setting up dokuwiki in a jail. Perhaps not all are up to date. But a quick google search on "freebsd + dukwjki" gave this link: https://forum.dokuwiki.org/thread/15963 which offers guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.