BUILD C2550D4I & X10SLH-F same ecc ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erwinvr

Contributor
Hi everyone,
Im planning to build my own lab, actually i need vmware and NAS.

So, i look this two MOBO:

X10SLH-F
C2550D4I

I check super micro for ram compatibility and i found in superbizz the same model.
I want to use the asrock mobo for the freenas, but the samsung ram of the x10 mobo will work?
The asrock site is not the samsung ram like compatibility, and this model work with ecc and non-ecc.

Does anyone know a ram that will works with both mobos?

You have to formulate your question a little better and provide more info. What exactly are you trying to do?

But if you want RAM that works with both, probably the Crucial one listed on the ASRock QVL list will be your best choice. I see a lot of people here using it in SuperMicro boards without problems. It has a Micron cell, which is also listed on the SuperMicro tested memory list (although not the same memory module).

Not sure however why you would need to know which memory module would work on BOTH boards. Just buy the memory that is suitable for that specific board.

Last edited:

erwinvr

Contributor
Thanks! Rilo,
But actually im looking a compatible ram with this 2 mobo is for play a little (install freenas, and esxi in both), with a short budget.
Im planning to buy 16 gb (2x8gb), try first in c2550 then in the x10slh-f (with a celeron G3240), and maybe first each mobo stay with 8gb each one.

So any idea, will appreciate ;)
Thanks!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
You have to formulate your question a little better and provide more info. What exactly are you trying to do?

But if you want RAM that works with both, probably the Crucial one listed on the ASRock QVL list will be your best choice. I see a lot of people here using it in SuperMicro boards without problems. It has a Micron cell, which is also listed on the SuperMicro tested memory list (although not the same memory module).

Not sure however why you would need to know which memory module would work on BOTH boards. Just buy the memory that is suitable for that specific board.

Actually, it is the exact same DIMM. They just throw a Crucial sticker next to the Micron one.

Oh really? I just saw the part numbers, which were different. That's why i thought they were probably not the same.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Oh really? I just saw the part numbers, which were different. That's why i thought they were probably not the same.

Are you saying you know of a Crucial CT102472BD160B which is not a Micron MT18KSF1G72AZ-1G6E1?

No, i'm saying i did not know they were the same ;)
But i now see that both have part number D9QBJ, didn't see that earlier...oops

I am curious though, why do the Crucial modules have 2 part numbers (3SE17 is also mentioned)

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I am curious though, why do the Crucial modules have 2 part numbers (3SE17 is also mentioned)

No idea. Maybe Supermicro missed the first part of the DRAM model number.

I'll see if I can find a picture with the markings on the chips visible. If not, I'll try to remember to check it out next time the server is open.

Status
Not open for further replies.