[BUG] invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'None'

MtK

Patron
I finally upgraded from FN-9 to 11.2 and I'm trying to recreate my jails to move to the new iocage.
  • Create a new jail
  • Set a name
  • Release = 11.2-RELEASE
  • Click NEXT
  • Select DHCP (VNET gets automatically selected)
  • Click NEXT
  • Review options
  • Click SUBMIT
Code:
Jail Summary
Jail Name : my_jail
Release : 11.2-RELEASE
DHCP Autoconfigure IPv4 : Yes
VNET Virtual Networking : Yes
Confirm these settings.

Then I get this error:
Code:
"""
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 175, in _process_worker
    r = call_item.fn(*call_item.args, **call_item.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 128, in main_worker
    res = loop.run_until_complete(coro)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/base_events.py", line 468, in run_until_complete
    return future.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 88, in _run
    return await self._call(f'{service_name}.{method}', serviceobj, methodobj, params=args, job=job)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 81, in _call
    return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 81, in _call
    return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail.py", line 156, in create_job
    dc_config = self.middleware.call_sync('domaincontroller.config')
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 100, in call_sync
    return self.client.call(method, *params, timeout=timeout, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/client/client.py", line 451, in call
    raise c.py_exception
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'None'
"""

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 332, in run
    await self.future
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 356, in __run_body
    rv = await self.middleware._call_worker(self.serviceobj, self.method_name, *self.args, job={'id': self.id})
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1105, in _call_worker
    job,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1036, in run_in_proc
    return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1021, in run_in_executor
    return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'None'

D

dlavigne

Were you able to resolve this? If not, which exact versions did you update from and to (eg did you jump from 9.10 to 11.2-U3 in one update or over a series of updates)?

kasak

Dabbler
Nope, i was not able to resolve this. I have not jumped from 9.10. I was using 9.10 and after i updated to 11.2-release. I’m updating every minor release.
I’ve tried to fetch jail with shell: iocage fetch. But it doesn’t help

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
I have not jumped from 9.10. I was using 9.10 and after i updated to 11.2-release.
You misunderstood the question. You skipped over version 11.0 and 11.1, which was the point of the question.

hungarianhc

Patron
Just searched for my error I just got. Found myself on this thread. I'm having the same issue.

craig288

Cadet
I have the same issue after having upgraded from 9.10 to 11.2U3. I do have legacy jails but I have stopped them and intend to create them new using iocage but I when I try I get the same error as is being reported here.

malcomvx

Cadet
Sometimes the difference between Python2.x and Python3.x that leads to this ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10 . With Python2.x , int(str(3/2)) gives you "1". With Python3.x , the same gives you ("1.5"): ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: "1.5".