migration issue from 11.0 jail to 11.2

ykhodo

Explorer
I ran the migration script for a non-plugin jail. When I try to start or upgrade the migrated jail, I see the following traceback. Any ideas?

```
Error: concurrent.futures.process._RemoteTraceback:
"""
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 175, in _process_worker
r = call_item.fn(*call_item.args, **call_item.kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 131, in main_worker
res = loop.run_until_complete(coro)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/base_events.py", line 468, in run_until_complete
return future.result()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 91, in _run
return await self._call(name, serviceobj, methodobj, params=args, job=job)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 84, in _call
return methodobj(*params)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 84, in _call
return methodobj(*params)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 668, in nf
return f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail.py", line 609, in start
iocage.start()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/iocage.py", line 1663, in start
callback=self.callback
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_start.py", line 66, in __init__
self.__start_jail__()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_start.py", line 502, in __start_jail__
_callback=self.callback)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 90, in logit
_callback(content, exception)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 64, in callback
raise callback_exception(message)
RuntimeError:
Stopped gogs_1 due to VNET failure
"""

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 166, in call_method
result = await self.middleware.call_method(self, message)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1097, in call_method
return await self._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=app, io_thread=False)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1042, in _call
return await self._call_worker(name, *args)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1062, in _call_worker
return await self.run_in_proc(main_worker, name, args, job)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 996, in run_in_proc
return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 972, in run_in_executor
return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
RuntimeError:
Stopped gogs_1 due to VNET failure

```

nojohnny101

Wizard
Have you tried googling for that issue? There are many threads on here that detail problems with VNET. Most likely you don't have the interface set correctly. Honestly a lot of people have just created new jails from scratch and saved a lot of time. If you have data from the old jail you can usually copy it out and put it in the new jail before starting it up.

Also please post your full specs (hardware and software).

pschatz100

Guru
When I migrated from old warden jails to iocage, I chose to create new iocage jails and then configure them as required. A little more work than just running a script, but it gave me the opportunity to make certain everything for the new jails was configured correctly. I don't like blindly running scripts because, when they fail, it is difficult to figure out why.

I have not had difficulty with VNET on any jails I created with iocage. For the jails that don't migrate properly with the script, you might just try recreating them. There are so many dependencies between OS components, python versions and other utilities, that sometimes it is better to just start fresh - especially if the jail you are migrating from is a very old jail.